xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lemonwonder

Freezewave

Freezewave

I think that a freezewave would be good. It would work like microwaves, with reversed microwaves, or another wavelength that freezes. This is just a lil stub on what could be awesome, any comments, suggestions, theories?

Think what you could do...

10 seconds ice...
Instant ice cream...

i remember when on this episode of mythbusters they created a microwave freezer. They strapped 3 ( i think) magnetrons together and turned it on, the 3 were pointed at a glass of water (in glass). Instead of creating s "Super-Microwave" they made the water's temperature drop by around 2-3 degrees. But for your idea why not something like a bucket, you out whatever you want into it, and it drops into liquid nitrogen or something. But your idea is very good, an inverted microwave.

that would be very interesting.... and very helpful.... won't have to wait s'long for ice-cubes to freeze up!Mythbusters rules!!!

Yeah, you know all those ice lolly's that come a liquid , sun lollies well imagine not having to wait for te to freeze. of course a microwave is part of the eletromagnetic spectrum and you might a have a little bit of a difficult time reversing it and besides micrwaves dont heat food they cause the water molecules in the food etc to vibrate heating it from the inside.. but enough of getting scientificfor one thing they have simular things like cryo technology shurely you could modify them to make them smaller and for food :)

I suggest air suction freezing. The molecules will condense together, hence, things will freeze up. What do you think?
But water expand when air it freezes. Not sure what this would look or react like.

Lol i understood some of that :) Any thing that can freeze though, like some sort of radiation that slows down the vibration of molecules

Great idea! I love it! Now I just hope somebody hurries up and invents it! Just think how much easier it would make my life. No more worring about remembering to fill up the ice cube trays every night, fighting with them and wrenching out the cubes, which always seems to hurt my wrist to do, and then there's the slopping water everywhere trying to get the filled ones up and back to the freezer. If I could just zap up a bunch of ice cubes in a minute or so it would really be great.

A very interesting ideeaIt could be very helpfull tu ordinary people and also extremly helpfull to some companyes especialy resturants where the do alot of cocktails and on all they add ice, also you could do alot of things with a machine like that Ex: -instant cold beer :D i know alot of mans want this :D -food when overheated in a microwave you could enter that food after in a reverse microwave and cool it offIncidentally what Mr. Grissom achieves is exactly what we wanted more exactly Slowing the molecules. Or rather removing the high energy high speed molecules by blowing them away, what is left is the mass of low speed molecules. Latent heat of evaporation leads to rapid cooling.the problem is i think it won't be made in less then 50+ yearsEdit:i found a interesting link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_refrigeration

Edited by Darkyo13 (see edit history)