xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
A200

Phpbb3 Rc8 Released, When Will It Go Gold? 16 months after Beta 1 and its still not released

Today phpBB3 RC8 was released... I am really starting to loose confidence that a GOLD release will come! 8 Release Candidates is a little too much, it just shows that the software is extremely buggy! I expect most of these issues came after RC6 when they did a security audit, BAD IDEA, such an audit should have been done in Beta stages as RC's are meant to be the final if no more bugs are found, they are supposed to be reasonably secure with only a few bug fixes, let alone a full remake of the security system...PhpBB team, what is going on? When will it go GOLD? I know I look impatient, but its been ages... too much stuffing around with security audits that should've been done before it even went public!

Please I just want to know more about this Phpbb RC8. Is it about a PHP version of rapid classifieds of another product from PHPBB team. Sorry if I meant to display any sort of ignorancy here but I really want to know more about new released scripts and other website enhancements

Hmm, phpBB3 RC8 is released, huh? I should probably take a look at it then. I hope my members won't hate me, everytime I update the software something goes wrong and we lose some time or posts XD

Please I just want to know more about this Phpbb RC8. Is it about a PHP version of rapid classifieds of another product from PHPBB team. Sorry if I meant to display any sort of ignorancy here but I really want to know more about new released scripts and other website enhancements

Phpbb is a forum software powered by php! The BB part actually stands for Bulletin Board, so its a php bulletin board (phpbb) :P

And its 3.0 Olympus, which is a new software, after phpbb2.

https://www.phpbb.com/

According to the phpbb website, it will go gold on:December 13, 2007 17:00 GMT. Thats 5pm London time on the 13th, 3am in Australia on the 14th, 11am in the USA on the 13th.

Edited by A200 (see edit history)