xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deaths Aprentice

Which Processor?

Not sure weather or not its in your range, but the AMD Athlon 64 2800+. Although, its not at all the verry best, its what I use in my my computer, and it gets the job done. Although, it is kind of outdated, but hey, its all good. :rolleyes:

What you get for your money with AMD beats Intel hands down. Intel simply seems to have gotten a reputation as the leaders in processor manufacture. I use an AMD athlon XP and have never had any problems with the heat whatsoever. The AMD athlon XP 3000 has a clock speed of around 2.1 GHz. Using a decent mobo (I'd recomend MSI for overclocking) you can easily achieve 2.5 GHz or perhaps more in clock speed without cooling problems. The more expensive P4 3.0GHz CPUs are easily beaten performance wise by the AMD. Clock speed isn't everything!!Intel simply seems to a trusted household name, I suspect more experienced computer users who are more researched lean towards AMD.

first of, what is your motherboard or planned motherboard? There different versions which requires different type of CPUs/processor. Without this information we really cannot tell you what is best for your situation.