xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itcom

Asian Food Recipes Recipe to learn how to cook Asian food

Hi All,

I would like to share my knowledge of cooking Thai and Burmese food. In the same way, I am interested to learn how to cook other Asian Food (Chinese Food, Japanese Food, Korean Food, Indian Food, Malaysian Food, Indonesian Food, etc) Therefore, if you have any recipe, I would like to request you to post in here and share others. :)

I would like to start with my favorite one: Thai Tom Yum Soup. It is easy to cook and very tasty.

MAIN INGREDIENTS: Lemon Grass, Galangal, Lime Leaves, Chillies

These ingredients are spices used as key things to flavor Thai Cooking, especially for Tom Yum Kung.

They help to smooth out the strong smell of Meat, infuse them a sour taste and fresh aroma.

Cooking Direction Of Tom Yum Kung (Hot and Sour Prawn Soup)

INGREDIENTS

750ml (1/4 Pints) Chicken Stock or Water

4 Lemon Grass, 4 Lime Leaves, 1 Teaspoon salt, 4 Tablespoons Fish Sauce

255g(8 oz) Button Mushrooms, Wiped and Sliced

400g(14 oz) Raw Prawns, De veined, 4 Teaspoons single cream

2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, 4 Small Thai Chillies, Finely crushed, 2 Teaspoons paprika oil

Chopped Fresh Coriander to Garnish

INSTRUCTION

Place the stock and lemon grass in a large saucepan and bring to the boil

Add the lime leaves, salt and fish sauce. Stir well.

Add the mushrooms and cook over moderate heat for 3 Minutes

Then Add the prawns and cook for 2 Minutes Or Until they turn pink.

The Prawns Must not have overcooked or They will toughen.

Lower the heat and stir in the cream. Cook Gently for 1 Minute, Stirring occasionally.

Taking care that the liquid does not boil.

Remove the soup from the heat and add the lemon juice, chillies and paprika oil.

Transfer to a deep serving bowl

Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Immediately.

Enjoy your meal. Edited by itcom (see edit history)

I'm fond of Thai food too. Here is a good recipe for Pad Thai. It's a slightly sweet noodle dish.1/2 lime 1 egg 4 teaspoons fish sauce 3 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 teaspoon ground dried chili pepper ground pepper 1 shallot, minced 2 tablespoon sugar 1/2 package Thai rice noodles 2 tablespoon vegetable oil 1/2-1/4 lb shrimp2 tablespoons peanutsTips and substitutionsBy far, the trickiest part is the soaked noodles. Noodles should be somewhat flexible and solid, not completely expanded and soft. When in doubt, undersoak. You can always add more water in the pan, but you can't take it out.Shrimp can be substituted or omitted.In this recipe, pre-ground pepper, particularly pre-ground white pepper is better than fresh ground pepper. For kids, omit the gound dried chilli pepper.Soak the dry noodles in lukewarm water while preparing the other ingredients, for 5-10 minutes.Use a wok. If you do not have a wok, any big pot will do. Heat it up on high heat and pour oil in the wok. Fry the peanuts until toasted and remove them from the wok. Add shallot and garlic and stir them until they start to brown. The noodles should be flexible but not expanded at this point. Drain the noodles and add to the wok. Stir quickly to keep things from sticking. Add sugar, fish sauce, chili pepper. Stir. The heat should remain high. If your wok is not hot enough, you will see a lot of juice in the wok at this point. Turn up the heat, if it is the case. Make room for the egg by pushing all noodles to the side of the wok. Crack the egg onto the wok and scramble it until it is almost all cooked. Fold the egg into the noodles. Add shrimp and stir. Add bean sprouts, chives. Stir a few more times. The noodles should be soft and very tangled.Pour onto the serving plate and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve hot with a wedge of lime on the side and raw Chinese chives and raw bean sprouts on top.It's a favorite.

Thank you very much, bbelnap2 for your good Pad Thai recipe. It is really nice.

Yesterday, my friend fried some vegetable with tempura flour. It is awesome. Mainly, you need the tempura flour which involves wheat flour, corn flour, rice flour, glutinous flour, and backing powder. It is good for various kinds of fried snack because it is specially prepared for ready use. If you want to make a party, please make some snack with this Tempura flour. It is very quick and easy to use. My friend told me that among other brands of tempura flour, the brand name GoldLabel is the best.

Here are the ingredients:

1 pack (150 gms. ) of Tempura flour

1 Teaspoon of Chicken Powder

1 Teaspoon of Salt

1 Tablespoon of Chili sauce

1 Tablespoon of Tamarind paste

1 glass (210c.c) of cold Water

500g of Fresh food, Meat or Vegetable

Direction for use

1. Mix tempura flour, chicken powder, and salt with one glass of cold water. Be aware not to use hot or warm water.

2. Stir until it is thoroughly mixed.

3. Coat the liquid with vegetable or meat (chicken, shrimp, crab, fish, pork, beef, meatball, sausage)

4. Fry in normal hot fat or oil until it turns golden brown. Don't make oil very hot. Don't use very high heat.

5. After frying, it is time to prepare the sauce. Mix chili sauce and tamarind paste with one glass of hot water.

Your snack is ready.

Enjoy your meal.

Could it be possible to replace the cream from the Lemongrass soup to coconut milk? I'm just wondering, since I'm lactose intolerant.

I used to work at a chinese restaurant, and I loved this one dish, and learned out to make it myself. Here is the recipe, though it's not exactly specific:

Shanghai Noodles

For about one person/one serving:

Ingredients

Noodles (spaghetti or the japanese kind -> Udon) - As many as you usually have for one, but slightly less since your adding more stuff

Meat (porc, beef, and/or fake crab stuff. Any meat really, and you can mix them) - about a handful of meat, either one kind or combined.

Bell Peppers (red preferably but green is fine) - 1/4

Red Onion - 1/5~ or less

Green Onion - 1

Carrots - 1/2

Celery - 1/2 a stalk

Soy Sauce - 1/5 cup

Sugar - 1/5 cup

Sesame Oil - a few drops

Salt - 1/2 teaspoon

Chili stuff ( something spicy, like you can get in asian restaurants, the red sauce) - 1/2 teaspoon or less depending on taste

Olive oil - 1 tablespoon

Instructions

1. Boil water and cook your noodles if they are spaghetti noodles while cutting the meat and the vegetables. Cut the meat in bite size pieces or strips, same with the vegetables.

2. Heat a pan, put in the olive oil and the vegetables. Cook and set aside. Cook the meat, except for the fake crab. Set aside.

3. When noodles are done, drain the water and then add them in the pan with all the meat and vegetables, as well as the crab meat. If you are using udon noodles, put them in the pan during this step with everything else.

4. Poor soy sauce and sugar in the pan at medium heat, and let the noodles become slightly browner. Add the sesame oil, the salt, and the chili.

5. Mix everything well. Let the noodles absorb most of the soy sauce. It should take a few minutes, and then it is ready to serve with chopped green onion on top.

How To Make Sushi Like many people think, sushi just has to be one of the best foods in the world. No matter how cheap or expensive it is, the sushi flavours are just so delicious, and healthy as well! And you thought it was hard to make? I don?t think so?I?m only 15 and I can make pretty good sushi, if you ask me? Well, preparation courtesy to my kind mother?But on a serious note, making sushi is much easier than most people would have thought, you just need the right ingredients and equipment.Some main ingredients:Raw fish: tuna, salmon, broiled eel, etc?(Note, the fish HAS to be fresh for good taste and health issues) Rice vinegar (be sure to ask for rice vinegar for sushi)Rice cooker Rice (preferably short-grain glutenous rice) Wasabi powder or that wasabi paste you can buy at good Asian grocery storesWaterSome lengths of cling wrapA sushi cast (sort of a like a mould to help get the perfect sushi shape, optional)Water A Bamboo Matt (to roll the sushi with, optional, but having one makes life hell easier)Soy sauceDried seaweed (as in those big sheets) A good sharp knifeA cutting board A medium-sized pot for boiling water Some nice platters or plates for servingChopsticks (optional but recommended) Fillings (some popular ones are sliced carrots, cucumbers, preserved parsnip (that yellowy preserved vegetable), chicken, etc?)Preparation 1. If the fish isn?t already in its soft room temperature state, thaw it out by placing it somewhere clean to thaw.2. Start by washing the bowl from the rice cooker, and measure the rice.3. After measuring around 5 cups of rice, add some water and hand wash the rice.4. Drain for a couple of minutes.5. Wash the rice a couple more times, then add enough water to the bowl until it reaches the needed amount of water proportionate to rice line in the bowl.6. Turn it on and leave it on. 7. Whilst the rice is cooking, when the fish is soft, get ready for cutting. Start cutting long strips of the fish, ensuring each slice is roughly around 3-4 cm long. 8. Make some wasabi by adding the powder in a bowl and adding water until the paste is thick. If you bought the paste, this is unnecessary.9. Ensure all fillings are in strips for the sushi.10. The rice should be ready by now. Give it a few stirs to loosen it up. Now, add some rice vinegar and stir it in. Keep seasoning with rice vinegar until you like the way the rice tastes. When the rice is seasoned, place it in a bowl. Now for those who don?t have a mould1. Make a rice bed in the centre of the seaweed, with the bamboo mat underneath, covered in plastic.2. Lay the fillings on top, as with the mould, making sure it is all at one end of the mat.3. Holding tightly, but not too hard, roll the sushi together, stopping now and then to squeeze the sushi roll, to ensure it is tight and firm. 4. Unroll the mat and your sushi should be done.5. Slice the sushi with quick short movements, not a single slice, around 3-4 cm for each slice.Itadakimasu! (Let?s Eat!)

How to make maggi noodles-indianisedIngredientsmaggi noodles packetoil- 2-3 tspmustard seeds - a littlewater - 1 cupcoriander leaves - a littleturmeric- a pinchProcesssplutter mustard seeds in a pan.then empty the masal into it add turmeric and turn the heat off. now add water 1 cup (approx 200 ml or a little more) now add maggi.once the water evaporates add coriander leaves that are finely chopped.

Maggie Pakora RecipeIngredients:1 maggie noodles pack Oil for fryingGram flour enough for making thick batterSalt as per tastePreparation:Boil maggie with the seasoningWhen done add gram flour and make a batter for pakodas. Add salt to tasteMake small pakodas with the batter and deep fry till golden brown.

How to make Rice pakora

Ingredients

1 cup rice

oil for deep fry

3 spoon gram flour

1 spoon salt

1 spoon Red chilly powder

1 spoon jeera powder

1 table spoon hing

1 spoon turmeric powder

2 spoon curd.

Preparation:

First make rice in microwave or in presser cooker.In microwave put it for 15 minute and add 1 table spoon salt and little bit butter. When rice will done then add red chilly powder, turmeric powder,jeera powder,hing,curd,gram flour and add water as required. heat oil and then make small roll with hand and then do deep fry in oil.

then serve with green chatani.

To do green chatani take some coriander leaves,ginger,garlik,green chilly,salt,ground nuts.

then crush in mixture. add little bit sugar and lemon.

then serve hot Rice pakora

Hope you like it.