xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rigueira

K-meleon Project

Yup, i have tried the K-meleon browser. It uses the gecko engine, same with firefox. It's really fast, faster than opera, so this browser looks great, but it lacks extensions comparing with firefox. K-Meleon may be used under windows or linux.:o

Is this browser actually faster, or does it just feel faster because you expect it to be (i.e. has anyone actually done test comparing its speed to Firefox's?) If this is considerably faster, I may look into it as I don't have very many extensions that I use on Firefox.

I ran the page speed rendering test located here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, and firefox loaded it in between 5 and 5.5 seconds. K-meleon rendered it in about the same amount of time (maybe averaging about 0.1 seconds faster), but I wouldn't say this test proves K-meleon is a lot faster than firefox. Does anyone have a link to a rendering test K-meleon does faster than firefox?

I heard about it when it was still in development. I had completely forgotten about it, I am going to go try it since I am sort of fed up with firefox at the moment.:S their website appears to be down :o

Edited by FLaKes (see edit history)

What, is there a Xisto forum effect? :oLooks good, but I always until the next release before trying a new product.I'm staying with Opera for now.hehe

Does anyone know of the K-Meleon project? It is a mozilla based browser. In my opinion, it is the fasted browser have I ever seen!
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Interesting find. I've never heard of it.

K-Meleon is an extremely fast, customizable, lightweight web browser for the Win32 (Windows) platform based on the Gecko layout engine (the rendering engine of Mozilla). K-Meleon is free, open source software released under the GNU General Public License.

Looks like it's win32, based off firefox. I like to see open source programs making their way out there. Maybe in the future this program will be a viable choice, for now though, firefox for me please. Haha. I just love the stuff firefox has going... adblock, flashgot, the themes, all of it, I'm hooked.