xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Cheap And Free Tools To Put Zip Back In Your Pc

Well after my success with the 20 software that everyone should have topic I came across another set of software, but this time they are used to speed up. Yeah yeah I know that there are like hundreds of different software out there that claim to speed up your computer. In reality they don't and create more problems then a person would really need, but I know PC World has been out for a long time as I have purchased some of their magazines back in the day. So I believe the list of software should be more beneficial to some aspect, meaning that there are a few registry cleaners and some internet boosting software on this list. By the way I let you know if I use the software or not, and from what I seen so far I haven't so try at your own risk and stuff like that.

DTweak

Interesting that this software was actually bult for the vista OS, so I would definitely say that try this at your own risk especially on the fact if you crash your system you just wasted a vista installation.

Download Link

AusLogics BoostSpeed

Ok I know I tried various software like this saying it will boost computer speed but in fact all it does is turn your computer into windows 95 with dumb down graphics, screen saver turn off and stuff like that.

Download Link

Cleanup Assistant

Ug I don't even trust this software thats is why I have to reinstall windows in a few weeks (school semester ends), stupid program really know how to clean everything out. Lost all my MSN emoticons that I used, cleaned out my firefox bookmarks which really irked until I found out that a copy of it was tored through an early verion of FF 3 I had installed so I was happy again. So unless you know what your REALLY doing stay away from this software.

Download Link

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner

My I wonder what this does

Download Link

CCleaner

Read my comments on this piece of software here

Download Link

Auslogics Registry Defrag

Ok I will admit that I believe the registry defraggers are a lot better then cleans in the sense that it works like a regular defragger and moves files around and stuff like that.

Download Link

Advanced Windows Optimizer

I have actually used this software and thought it did pretty well for what it has, and that is pretty much everything you see on this list. So it is worth its $40 since it pretty much has everything all in a nice little package, of course that was on my parents older dell because I had to use it often just to get that piece of junk to run normally. I think it was the RAM that was causing the issue since it was never replaced in the 5-6 years they had it.

Download Link

Advanced Windows Care 2 Personal

I believe I saw this as a giveaway of the day at one time, I would say from the look of the description it has some good applications like listing your hardware and stuff like. What can I say it free.

Download Link

Well I thought I end it there because the next page has to do with internet boosters and well know how well those work, I think, but the only tool I see remotely useful is PMySpeed PC Lite Edition. Only because you can get detailed info about your download and upload speed, and yeah I know of the online versions of these tools but what can I say you could get a more accurate picture without your browser in the way.

Download Link

ON page 4 though is some interesting tools a excel booster, which boost the loading of excel data, and a PDF booster that pretty much does the same thing. Although hte PDF booster sounds a bit interesting since it could boost the loading of them online. So take a look at the list and see if you recognize anything or try them out and see what kind of results you can get with these tools.

SOURCES

Page #1

Page #2

Page #3

http://www.pcworld.com/article/139791/CheapandFreeTools.html