xisto Community
magiccode9

Adobe Air

Adobe have creating a platform that let web developer use thier existing skill to build desktop application.

Here is a quote from adobe lab.

AdobeŽ AIR is a cross-operating system runtime that allows web application developers to use their existing web development skills (HTML, Javascript, Adobe FlashŽ, Adobe Flex, Ajax) to build and deploy rich Internet applications to the desktop.

Check the Adobe Lab web site for more information on how this platform works and download the beta sdk beginning development with it.

URL : http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

This looks kind of interesting. I will have to check it out since i do a lot of web development and this might be something i can use / atleast be interested in and play with. I wonder who all has used it and what type of backing they have at the moment?

Looks like a fairly good program. Might have to download the beta and check it out. Has anyone else here tried the program and checked out the features? Just curious. Either way, it definitely looks like a web development tool that could have some serious uses for many people (If the program is as good as it seems from reading the Adobe site).

It seems cool, but it lacks the use of some other key web development tools by what I see in the first post. Where is our PHP and ASP. I would also expect ColdFusion to be included. Why let those powerful tools not to be used. I know Apache can be used for local testing, but it would have been cool. Of course I could have the totally wrong idea of its main use.

I have never used it but adobe always has great programs so it should be good, I just wish they werent all so expensive, I just found a 30 trial for adobe photoshop and I love it, Im gonna cry when its over..lol, I love customizing and personalizing graphics .I have alot of adobe programs on a very old pc I'm wondering if its to old, or if i can get that pc set up if there is a way i can transfer it to this pc? does anyone know of this could be done or how even i would go about doing it? My husband seems to think that it may be as easy as just getting the code off of that pc and submitting it in the code on my trial version? I am not to bright about things like this...lol is that possible? Or maybe a way I could save it to a disk on the other pc and then putting it on this one? does anyone nwo if this would work? :)

That's pretty sweet! It sounds like they're trying to be like Java, though, with the cross-platform applications, except you get to use your web skills. I think I'm going to have to try that sometime, hopefully while it's still free.