xisto Community
sanjay0828

My Idea - How To Send People Flocking To Your Website

If people are going to your site by the hundreds, it better be about Mist or else they'll be hitting the back button in about half a second. I don't believe adding useless meta will help your site, it'll only ruin your credibility for wasting people's time.

still missing the point. he doesn't care about repeat visitors. all he cares about is the postenial first time fisitors that will probably never return. now when he bragged about 600 visitors a day, if that is true, then in my opinion, is is doing something right. maybe not perfect, and yes, if it were me, i would do things a little different, but it's his site. he doesn't need repeat visitors he said, he doesn't care about the content, and he only cares about the clicks on the ads
now again, if people are clicking(i don't know why he would go to all the trouble of constanly changing his site if they weren't) then he is doing something RIGHT not WRONG despite other peoples opinon on how he should design his own personal website.

I did not miss the point. I was merely giving my suggestions. He started a discussion about sending visitors to his websites. I'm merely saying what I felt would be a better way. Personally, if I was misled into entering a website and not finding what I expect to see, I'd just leave without bothering about other content or ads. And I'd tell my friends not to visit his website too, because I really hate bogus websites. As Galahad aptly pointed out, the quality of the internet is degrading, thanks to all these bogus websites. There are just too many of this crap around. Believe me, if you want to earn money with ads, you'd do better to have a unique site, rather than a copycat site, and a poor-quality one too. Using the Mist example, I guess it's all right if you use Mist as a search term and put the trailer there, but if you put something like Mist full download, Mist rip or something, then that's a blatant lie and you really will offend a lot of visitors.

Anwiii, why do you keep saying other people are missing his point, just because we don't agree with his method? You yourself said he is free to choose whatever method he likes to get hits as long as they work. So we are are free to have our own methods and talk about them too. I believe you yourself are missing our point. Let me explain to you. Many of us don't agree with his method because we don't like being cheated. As dre says, his website's credibility will be ruined. Imagine for example, someone blogs about his website, or writes about it in a forum, complaining how bogus it is. Nobody's going to bother entering it even if his website/domain shows up on their search engine. Sooner or later, his method will cease to work and he'll have to make another website and start all over again.

Let me reiterate, we DO get his point, so kindly stop insulting our intelligence. We know that what he wants to do is attract first-time visitors to his website using search terms. When they come, he is hoping they will click his ads on the website since they are probably going to be relevant to what they are looking for, and he'll earn money from there. We aren't trying to teach him how to get visitors to come back. We are just discussing what we think about his method, as that's obviously one of the main purposes of a discussion forum.
Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)