xisto Community
magiccode9

To Automatically Run Command When Login / Logoff

In case that you need login and / or logoff to execute some commands.You could do this with GPO login / logoff function.Here is step:1.) Choose Start Menu -> Run -> type in gpedit.msc2.) Expand User -> Windows Settings ->Script ( Logon / Logoff )3.) Double-Click either one and a dialog displayed4.) Click the add button and then browse the command files that you wish to executed. The Script Parameters allowed you to pass any extra parameters to the command or applications. Click OK button.5.) You command now should displayed on Name / Parameters List Box. Click OK button and close the window.6.) Make the change with the logoff if you needed.

An alternative for logon for less technical users is: - browse to your 'Startup' folder in Programs- right button, and click 'Explore'- put a shortcut to your program/document/file in this location.(I'm fairly certain you already know this!)I'll give this a try sometime though...looks very handy!

That's pretty sweet. You might need to make a tutorial later on basic cmd files, for those people that don't know anything about windows, or whatever. Unless there's already a tutorial on that. I'm not sure.