xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MiniK

Paranoid, Nervous. :(

*huggles ryan*I'm sure you'll do great mate. Just an idea,, maybe try some of your jokes or whatever on your family and friends. Ask them what their honest opinion on it is, to see which jokes work best, and it also gives you a chance to practice speaking them etc.I really wish you great look, you show them what you're made of!!

Just relax, spend your time being yourself and don't try to force yourself to be the funny man or whatever. Just be your natural humorous self. You'll perform to your best standards if you get your worries out of the way. I agree with you that comedians have a difficult job, but since you consign yourself to it, just do your best!

I agree with Liam. Try out your jokes and your act in front of some family and friends who can give you some constructive criticism. This will help you get a better overall performance. Maybe another one is try recording yourself and watch it back or even post it on a website like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for instance. You said you only have like a week so I think the best option is doing a show in front of your family and friends.

When you come to the performance just keep your cool and act casual. Try not to show your nerves as best as you can and just pretend you are doing your performance in your living room at home.

If you can't control your nerves, fit jokes about them into your act. Think Mr. Bean, he seems awkward and nervous but it's hillarious. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. By using your nervous energy to make the judges laugh, you will gain their respect and favor. AND your nervousness can't embarass you if you don't let it:)

After 5 hours of standing in the freezing cold, we eventually got in. I got my sticka. We waited downstairs for an hour or so, we were called upstairs section by section. We were told what was happening - also that we weren't permitted to take ANY pictures or videos inside the theatre. After an hour or so of waiting, Dan and Abbie went in. They then came to get us. Started to speak to an impressionist and a female comedian. The woman took my picture. I was eventually asked to come into the audition room and stand on the grey "X". He asked me a few questions, and then to start my routine. I started but after the first joke, my mind went blank. After a few seconds, I apologised and carried on. He asked me some more questions and then it was over. I'm definately out now..

After 5 hours of standing in the freezing cold, we eventually got in. I got my sticka. We waited downstairs for an hour or so, we were called upstairs section by section. We were told what was happening - also that we weren't permitted to take ANY pictures or videos inside the theatre. After an hour or so of waiting, Dan and Abbie went in. They then came to get us. Started to speak to an impressionist and a female comedian. The woman took my picture. I was eventually asked to come into the audition room and stand on the grey "X". He asked me a few questions, and then to start my routine. I started but after the first joke, my mind went blank. After a few seconds, I apologised and carried on. He asked me some more questions and then it was over. I'm definately out now..

sorry to hear that minik, but you know.....it's an experience. the more you practice, the better you'll get. the more you audition, the better they will be. don't give up and hang in there.

i know you are disappointed and nothing i will say will make it better, but if this is your dream, keep pursuing it with no regret or doubt. good luck to ya in the future, bud.