xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hirishiolo

Point Pushing,map Speciality,ranked Matches

When I first started playing this game I found it absurd that ranked games could be played through any form other than automatch. The current system invites this type of cheating, politics, and under the table deals. Even if it isn't happening this seems a unnecessary risk for a game that was marketed since it's inception toward "Pro gaming" with things like battlecast, commentators, and all the other amazing surrounding features.Further the current lobby ranked game system invites players to specialize on a single map without having to learn others, this further harms the "pro" aspects of the game. With so much emphasis place on the top 8 players, one of the players is this time accused of only being able to play one map. I'm sure he's much better than I am or likely will ever be... but the fact that one of the "stars" of this game is going to be someone who only plays one map is beyond silly imo.The drawback of an automatch only ranked system is obvious. When making a game you can't be 100% sure that you will be matched against players of similar skill. This can be a risk in many ways. Smurfs playing much higher ranked players and beating them will greatly damage the players rank, as well as it may be frustrating for lower rank players if they get matched against high rank players repeatedly. Both of these can be overcome by a strong automatch system that matches players only of similar rank, as well as more players using automatch (which they would of course without a lobby).So imo, the game would be much better removing ranked matches from the Custom Match lobby. Make automatches the only form of ranked matches. Doing so removes a large amount of possible exploitation, reduces potential claims that ea is afraid to touch the high rank cheaters (simply by reducing cheating avenues), and forces the best all around players to the top.Also something else that struck me. Older games (WarIII) have managed to provide an amazing model for ranked, tournament, and especially arranged team. Why don't other games borrow from this model especially when it comes to team games. Most players that care about 2v2 care about it as a team with a partner and not just any random person, so why do games fail to integrate at least a 2v2 team automatching system.Anyway, with the awesome gameplay that has developed in this game, the potential for this game lies in it's lobby/matching system. Right now it has many problems, from the overdone chat problems to in my opinion a flawed ranked matching system.