xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BlooD+

Mobile Phones A Necessity Or Just For Show Off Or For Other Purposes?

Now a days... Mobile phones are on a boomMany manufacturers are making a variety of cel phones just to get as many as consumers in their pocket..!we use them forListening songsInternetPicsSHaringgamesb'day remindersSmslast but not the least --- Calling!everyone wants a good cel phone!besides all these reasons the basic purpose is being forgotten to sum extent i.e.,calling as sms is taking on a high roleSo do we really need a celphone for calling or just to show off???Just think...what is basic purpost of it and what for we are using it!!!

mobile phones are defantly a necessity, we need them to contact friend and family, arrange plans for work or school, and incase of emergancy. they are very important and we can now access movies, videos, music and the internet on mobile phones.whats dissapointing is that some schools try to ban their students from having mobiles, what if on the way home your child is in an accident, how can they phone home? or if another situation hapopens where they need to make a phone call and a pay phone isnt near by.we rely on mobile phones alot but some people do buy just to show off, in my opinion they are just for contact purposes.

to me, they are a neccessity. I don't use mobile phones for fancy features. I prefer to use my mp3 player and digicam over my mobile phone for other stuff, but I rely on it heavily to communicate and get info. Got to send at least an sms each day. If I leave my house without my mobile phone, I feel strangely lost because i can't contact my family and friends.

Both. Many teens show them off. I find that we need them, but most of the time we wont settle for the one that can ONLY call and txt (which are the necessities) We tend to buy the flash phones, because, especially in the younger ages, your social status can plummet right down if you don't have the great phone.Then again, these features are good for sending photos and interacting with others. For example, if you have a phone, WHY NOT use it to send photos, music, phones, games and business cards, but the new phones have bluetooth, and old have infared... So we should update our phones every 3 years (I wouldnt suggest every 4 years which is the default for technology)

Yeah i think most people use it for show off, my friends are all willing for iPhone...But every case is a new case, i use a nokia 3310, yup, it's from "rock age", but still, it sends sms, i can use wap (*waves*), i can make calls, have personal phonebook and i can even use calendar, the good thing? it's faster than any new generation cell phone, the black&white doesn't hurt my eyes :)Yup, i'm a show-off'er. lolGreetz~Jo?o Lopes

well, to be honest i think that people have diverted from what the original use of mobile phones is: to call people!right now, if you really think about it, we use phones for entertainment more than we do for calling people!we all want the latest phone with the latest features... but essentially, all phones do what they are made to do: enable you to call and maybe text people.now, we have walkman phones and camera phones and phones with a 7 mpx camera etc.i think it is time to stop with all of these 'features'ok, i know that some phone advancements are really beneficial (bluetooth is an excellent example - i love bluetooth!), but phone companies are probably racking their brains 24/7 for new things to incorporate into their phonesnext thing you know, we have phones that make champagne :)seriously, i think it should stop at this. ok, if you have some really good improvement such as bluetooth then release it, but things like shake control of new walkman phones are maybe going a bit too far. you may have notice that because phones are getting more and more crammed with the so-called 'features', they are becoming more bulky. i mean, just look at the iphone, or the n95!i am currently using a w300 and i am proud of it. i love se phones because sony ericsson are perhaps the only company that actually listens out for what se users want in their phoines, and incorporate just that into them. no extra stuff, only what we wnat and need. i am very happy with my phone because it is not old, yet not state of the art (it came out a year ago). it does everything i want it to d and slightly more. it was not very expensive (300, i bought it for 200 australian dollars).i use my phone for entertainment as well, but mainly calling.for me, phones should be treated as necessities.

I believe that mobile phones are a necessity, for the emergancy contact section of them. Although, there is a certain aspect of 'showing off' with them, a lot of the functions (ie. playing music, taking photos) are not necissary, but a good thing to have.

it is a necessity, but way too many people show off with them,note to teens: You do not need to text message the person in front of you when talking is permitted.