xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stevethedog

Snoring! Aint it a *BLEEP*

I've snored for as long as I know but the past few years it's become a problem and it's starting to rear it's ugly head again.I'm 22 now and when I was younger I had a operation to unblock my nasal passageways or whatever it's called. It wasn't pleasant and it helped but only for a couple of months or so. Now I'm a lot better at breathing through my nose than when I was younger but I'm still about half and half when it comes to mouth breathing which isn't pretty.Anyway I'd always been concious of sleeping with girls because of this problem & the first few times I pulled I stayed awake in bed through fear! I couldn't carry on like this so tried breath easy straps which certainly make it easier to breath through my nose. The problem is I think my body is just used to breathing through my mouth at night now and this is how I snore ( and boy do I snore!). I tried getting a mouth guard thing which keeps my mouth shut and forces me to breath through my nose but this just made sleeping a really uncomfortable affair.I started seeing a girl who I found crying one night after waking up because she couldn't sleep. This was very upsetting and played a large part in us breaking up.My most recent girlfriend was a very heavy sleeper and did not notice it at all which was amazing! Unfortunately though we too have now split up which means I'm back to where I was. I had a couple of friends stay round the other night and we slept in the same bed. The 2 of them told me they had to move into my other room because of my snoring which really is embarrassing, they were both rather pretty too! How can I go on like this?

I'm not really sure what you can do about this. I would suggest going to see your GP or whatever you have whereever you live. They can probably do something about it.Good luck.

I understand what your problem is, I don't know if it's that severe with me, but my gf sometimes complains about it too, I know there are "sleeping clinics" where I live where you can get help with these kind of problems (insomnia too) but I don't know how well it works, or if they have it where you live too...

I am too sad now because these snoring problem has started occuring to me also.Its now not long since I have developed these habbit.I am 17 now and I have started snoring from the pervious month.Its really not good for me and also for those who are near me,my friends when come to my home and then if I am sleeping,then they would make fun of me.I asked my parents about the problem,they said its due to ageing and it occurs only when you get too tired.But i think that it because I have inherited the snoring problem from my dad,who also snors.Whatever the reason be I will try to control it or take the help of some doctor,bcause I dislike snoring indded I think everyone who snors dislikes to have such a problem

Snoring. D:My Dad snores, and it's terrible. I absolutely hate the sound. It'll keep me up for hours. It's especially bad when he's had a few drinks.He tried using the "Snore Stoppers" which is a little piece of plastic that sits in between your two nostrils. He used it for a few months, and it seemed to have improved. So he carried on using it, and all was well.Except when it got stuck up his nose. :PHe had a terrible pain one morning when he woke, and everyone just said it was a cold. Normally, my Mum would find the piece of plastic in between the bed covers when she maid the bed. But today she didn't find it. My Dad went into Town, and thought that the plastic may of jammed up his nose. He went into hospital, and X-Rays showed it was stuck. It was a simple operation, the Doctor just slipped a tool up there and gently yanked it out. All was well after that, but he's never used them again.

Get your tonsils removed, dude.I know it sounds harsh, but it contributes quite a bit to snoring. There's also nasil strips that you stick on your nose. I'm not sure how effective they are.Talk to your doctor about it. :)