xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bthaxor

The Future... havent you ever thought about it?

hasn't anyone ever thought of what it may be like in the future? i always have! here is the imaginative side of what i hope the future is like:future computers:-based on concept on microsoft surface, but have LINUX installed on all computers :)-only browser: firefox-have 99 inch screens, hd, laserfuture mobiles:-are purely controlled by what your mind desires-no pin codes - need to THINK of your password to enter-are like those things you see in the movies - where the device is just like one of those cool 4d hologram projectors, so you sorta control it by touch as well. my imagination stretches far :Dfuture gaming:-driving games will be the next best thing to real driving. i am not sure how to put this into words, but if you can imagine the best driving simulation...-you will now play games via a 3d network ie not through the internet. YOU get to be the main character of the game, YOU get to do all those awesome moves and kill the baddies!future people???:-robots!-hopefully these will have something that is better than artificial intelligence, which is quite limiting in terms of the number of new things that can be learnt-labor will be australian government :Dbut on a serious note, the future may bring some surprises. i believe it is inevitable that not only cloning will be common at some point in the future, but we will be able to bring dead people to lifebut these are just my far-fetched views... what do you think the future will be like?

Edited by bthaxor (see edit history)

ah... well i have changed my views on some things.for english (school), i had to write a bit about what i thought the world would be like in 5 million years. here is what i suggested:It is hard to believe how much technologies have changed over a period of 5 million years. Truthfully, I had expected great advancements ? if Windows could progress from a text-based operating system to one with a 3D graphical user interface within 20 years, then what could happen in 5 million years?The one thing I had always dreamt of is finally here. This is a technological revolution. GONE are all the electronic appliances of the 21st century. GONE are televisions, radios, mobile phones, MP3 players, even computers! Everything is controlled through the use of one thing. A thing which we have had since the dawn of day; a thing which can be more powerful than weapons of mass destruction in terms of? destruction? but which has been harnessed by 50020th century scientists, as a source of renewable energy. A source of energy more powerful than nuclear energy, or solar power. The MIND.Do you want to play a movie? Well then, wish it and POOF! A high quality, DivX video begins to play inside your head. Play, stop, rewind, fast forward ? these options were previously buttons on your remote control, however know are just commands of the mind. Want to listen to music? Wish the title, and it is immediately streamed to you from the Internet. What Internet? There is no need for the Internet anymore! You have everything you need within your cranium. Feeling thirsty? Think of some Coke, and Voila! There it is, in your hand.Of course, all of this is existent assuming there are still humans around ? humans with the mind required to be able to do all of these magnificent things. Five million years is quite a long time, and if humans can place a hole in the ozone layer and destroy a third of the world?s forests in less than 100 years, then the Earth?s environment may have become too hostile for human life in 5 million years? time, due to global warming and a lack of oxygen (which is in turn due to a lack of vegetation). My belief is that in 5 million years, humans will be extinct.Due to the carelessness of the humans towards the environment, global warming was recognised as a serious issue too late ? in the 50000th century. By that time, trees could only be found in museums, and the temperature had risen to over 80 degrees Celsius. Humans, although they had evolved and were slowly adapting themselves to this harsh, new environment, failed, as all the other animal species had done. They will be remembered as the last animal species to be living on Earth. And therefore the last to die out.Control of everything via the mind has always been a dream for me, however what is the point in having these technologies if there is no-one alive to be able to experience them? Caring for the environment is a serious issue, and now, after traveling 5 million years into the future and being the only living thing there, I know that only too well. Something must be done, and it must be done NOW. We must all contribute if we are to minimise the effects of global warming. Let us not wait until the 50000th century is upon us before we act.

What humans? We will have somehow engineered ourselves into mindless blobs with no will of our own, just controlled by someone similar to Bill Gates xD.I agree about the future computers thing. Linux will overpopulated the computing world!.Sidetrack: Did you know that the airplanes which have LCDs on each headrest, the ones which have games, even in economy, use Linux? I found that out when one of them crashed.A creepy experience, I hope that the flight computer GPS, etc, are not run on linux.

hmm... well, for the aeroplanes, i think most opf them actually use windows. i have a very funny pic i took on singapore airlines plane, which shows that they run on windows 3.1! and this was last year!is crashed, blue screen of death and all, and then rebooted. was funny. and all this because i tried playing games before takeoff...

Same, playing games before flight :)I had that "this system is going down NOW!"line.scared me for a sec, until I remembered seeing in on Ubuntu, after system shut down.I think.

hasn't anyone ever thought of what it may be like in the future? i always have! here is the imaginative side of what i hope the future is like:
future computers:

-based on concept on microsoft surface, but have LINUX installed on all computers :D
-only browser: firefox
-have 99 inch screens, hd, laser

future mobiles:

-are purely controlled by what your mind desires
-no pin codes - need to THINK of your password to enter
-are like those things you see in the movies - where the device is just like one of those cool 4d hologram projectors, so you sorta control it by touch as well. my imagination stretches far :D

future gaming:

-driving games will be the next best thing to real driving. i am not sure how to put this into words, but if you can imagine the best driving simulation...
-you will now play games via a 3d network ie not through the internet. YOU get to be the main character of the game, YOU get to do all those awesome moves and kill the baddies!

future people???:

-robots!
-hopefully these will have something that is better than artificial intelligence, which is quite limiting in terms of the number of new things that can be learnt
-labor will be australian government :P

but on a serious note, the future may bring some surprises. i believe it is inevitable that not only cloning will be common at some point in the future, but we will be able to bring dead people to life

but these are just my far-fetched views... what do you think the future will be like?

well i think everything will be at the palm of ur hand.. like the iphone.. u know and lost of mmm wat are those things called.. ah projectors? u know just pixalized stuff.. that actuly works