xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowfish

Review: Ratchet And Clank Future Tools Of Destruction For Ps3

First of all, I would like to point out that I am a long term fan of the series, I will try my best to review this as if it is the first time i've played this series.A lombax named Ratchet accompanied by his Robot friend Clank are set on an adventure spanning over many galaxies. When the evil cragmite 'Percival' is set out to Kill Ratchet, Ratchet must find out about his roots and the lombax secrets and many other mysteries.Graphics 10/10When I first picked up this game, I was amazed at the presence of it. On a Full HD tv, this game will blow you away. Everything from sheen on marble, rocks, eyes, fur and fine strands of hair are incredibly detailed and beautiful. Each and every gun seems to have had a full team just to make it look that good. Buildings that are totally irrelevant are detailed just as main buildings are, which adds to the realism and atmosphere of your journey.Sound 9/10The sound effects are very good, and very realistic, for a non-realistic game. A lot of the comments are quite witty, but often cheesy, which may deter a few players. The background music playing suits situations well.Story 7/10The story.. The story and plot in this day and age is possibly the biggest point in some games. Take BioShock for example. Where'd that be without a story eh? Just trapped underwater shooting little girls and their daddys? As for the Ratchet and Clank story, they have tried to make it the main point, by also using cutscenes which can be very funny, more often than the last games [Whoops, mentioned the last games :)]. It could have been better, especially the Zoni. You see the Zoni and you're like, wtf? Well anyways, story is ok, but could be better.Variety 8/10In Ratchet and Clakn FTOD there are lots of different things you can do. Such as the Tornado Launcher being controled via SixAxis. You tilt the controller to move the Tornado, allowing full functionality over ratchet. When using the decryptor, the SixAxis is used again, to help roll a ball in a sometimes frustrating circuit. Freefalling is controlled by SixAxis, and I thought it was a nice little feature. Guns 10/10I was impressed by the variety of guns. Guns going from the gooeyness of the Plasma Beasts, to the Funkyness of the Groovitron, to the OMFGWTFJUSTHAPPENED of the RYNO IV. All weapons can be upgraded to Level 10 if you play through challenge mode. There is a totally new upgrade system. Instead of when a gun levels, it gaining extra ammo or additionalfeatures, it just gains power. This means instead, you have to collect 'Raritanium' to use at a vendor to upgrade in many different ways. This is similar to FFX's License Board. Each weapon has a special unique upgrade which enhances it's power. When your gun reaches Level5, it gains a unique power also.One of the greatest things about the weapons in this game has to be combat devices. Sometimes you're stuck against an army of 20 gun wielding pirates and you're just dying? Chuck out a Groovitron. This will make all the enemies stop attacking and Dance. Each enemy and boss has it's own unique dance. Great fun! Witht he combat devices, they do not upgrade in level, as they would become too powerful. Also, ammo may only be purchased from special vendors, or in unique raritanium chests.Multiplayer 0/10There is none, much to many fans dissapointment.Replayability 8/10I think this is a game you could just say, hey, I havn't played on it in a while and go through it all over again. Not to mention challenge mode after you complete it. Giving whole new features, such as increased upgrades and levelling, harder enemies and the Bolts MUltiplier add to the replay experience.Overall 9.2/10You're probably thinking 'You only gave some categories an 8?'. Well tis is correct. But an overall score is not an average, it is how the overall game plays over. All these features come together to make this game a truly unmissable experience. If this game had a co-op mode or some online multiplayer, it may have waged it up a couple of points. But without this, it's still as solid as a rock.Kudos.

Nice review, some good information about the game and what's good and/or bad with the way it was designed, but for anyone who hasn't played it yet, some parts of the review won't mean anything and might even confuse some readers, :)Anyway, I've yet to get this game. It looks like a fairly well-completed game, with only a few problems and a generally good rating throughout the videogame world. Lack of multiplayer is a bit of a drag, but I think I'll still check it out.

Nice review, some good information about the game and what's good and/or bad with the way it was designed, but for anyone who hasn't played it yet, some parts of the review won't mean anything and might even confuse some readers, :D
Anyway, I've yet to get this game. It looks like a fairly well-completed game, with only a few problems and a generally good rating throughout the videogame world. Lack of multiplayer is a bit of a drag, but I think I'll still check it out.

THanks for the feedback, you should really consider picking it up, you won't regret it :)

I have that game. It's one of the few games I like from the PS3, and well I have played about every one there is, but yeah I agree. It's a good game!!Though to be honest, I hate the Clank and Zoni parts. Seriously, I like to use the big firepower and variety of destruction, not clanks fists...and when you die you have to do the clank thing from the beginning (harder then doing the ratchet things again after dying usually) and the zoni are annoying to get and use and stuff..Ah well it's a great game anyway, and I recommend it too!