xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Gratitude At Its Worst!

Good god I hate dumbasses! Earlier today I strolled on down to the local 7-11 for a drink. When I get to the highway I stopped at the cross-walk as usual. There was a woman and her 6 year old boy standing there, also waiting to cross. For reasons I do not know, the boy walks into the street with a pickup truck heading straight for him. So what so I do? I look at the mom who is busy on her cell phone and facing away from the road, and then I step into the street and yank the boy out of the truck's way with maybe 1/2-3/4 of a second to spare. Apparently, when I pulled the boy by his arm, I hurt his elbow (maybe a sprain at the most). His mother then turns around and notices him crying. So she screams at me "What the F**K did you do to my son?!". Now this is somewhat understandable seeing as she didn't see it go down. But I explain to her that he was about to get hit by a truck, so I pulled him out of its way. She calms her son down and confirms it with him. Does she say thank you? HELL NO! Instead, she slaps me and starts chewing me out for hurting her son's elbow, not even realizing that she wouldn't have a son at all if I didn't. She tried slapping me a second time, so I grabbed her wrist (not hard, but just to stop the slap) and quickly let go. So she uses her all important cell phone to call the police on me for assault...Idiots...I hate 'em. So I stick around because I don't want it to look like I'm running away. The cop shows up, listens to both of our stories, and says: "Ma'am, this young man just saved your boy's life, and you say thank you by slapping him and trying to have him arrested? Ma'am, if anyone here was to be arrested, it would be you, for leaving your son unattended like that on a busy, and more importantly dangerous highway. You owe Mr. Moir here an apology." She screams some more high-pitched gibberish, and the cop basically tells her to take better care of her son and to get out of his face. The last thing I said to the woman was "Have a nice day, Ma'am". Wanna know what she said? NOTHING, but she gave me the finger instead. I now wonder if the boy was in the street, hoping to get hit to get away from that witch of a mother. . I hate people like that. No gratitude at all. What an uptight witch.

Hey Dodger,Good for you. Glad to see there's still some people out there who aren't afraid to get involved. Also thanks to the cop who used his common sense rather than following the "letter" of the law like some A**hole numnuts out there who would have just arrested you both & let the judge figure it out. Hope the kid was old enough to learn some good life lessons (kids & autos don't play well together-always help your fellow man etc.) & get a chance to live long enough to return the favor for some other child when he/she grows up. Always stand your ground for what's right!!! Kudos MAN!CheersPS-"there ain't no lifeguard on the gene pool"-unknown ;)PPS- that "mother" needs a real attitude adjustment & a baby sitter for herself.

Good job Dodger! I think you cope well with everything which happens to you.I know how you feel. I would feel the same if I were in your situation actually.I would probably not tell her to have a good day. I Think you are good to be able to look calm and control your anger/annoyance. I probably couldn't. haha..Yeah..actaully I really hate those people. How old was the son?Did he not tell the mother what happened? What about witnesses around there?

First of all, I really admire your courage for saving the boy's life aswell as risking your own! I'm truly shocked at that woman's ignorance and rudeness. It's one thing to leave her son unattended but it's another thing to deny she has nothing to be thankful for when it's partly her fault her own son almost got killed.

One thing I'm curious about though... if the truck came that close to the boy as you say, surely the truck would've seen the boy running across the road and honked the horn a few loud times? I mean if I was about to run someone over I'm sure it would be an instant reaction for me to honk the horn, and maybe even swirve around a bit. So if the truck honked the horn, didn't that woman even notice? Her mobile is more important? Imagine if the truck was heading towards her. :P

Dodger, If she never thanked you I want to say it, THANK YOU!! I don't understand some people and their priorities...her child could have been killed, GONE!! And I am also glad that the officer had the common sense to look at the whole situation from your side. Also, I commend you for putting your life on the line to save a complete stranger especially in this politically correct, don't violate me, leave me in my little world, society that we have nowadays. I encourage you to continue with an attitude of self-less service and not to focus on the negative side of this experience. MAY GOD BLESS YOU!

You can save any of my children anyday... :P

Byrdhouse

One thing I'm curious about though... if the truck came that close to the boy as you say, surely the truck would've seen the boy running across the road and honked the horn a few loud times? I mean if I was about to run someone over I'm sure it would be an instant reaction for me to honk the horn, and maybe even swirve around a bit. So if the truck honked the horn, didn't that woman even notice? Her mobile is more important? Imagine if the truck was heading towards her. :)

44767[/snapback]

You got a point there. I think the truck wasn't very close. But no matter what, she still has to thank you for trying to help. I wouldn't slap anybody even if I hate the person very very much. She's just too rude... And elbow sprain is nothing, give it a week and it's as good as new...

Hey, well done mate. At the end of the day you saved a little boys life. If you hadn't done that then there would be an extra corpse in the morg tonight. You've just given that kid an extra chance in life. Some people are just pig ignorant. I know the types of people you mean. Like you said, it's understandable to be angry at first if you turn around and a stranger has just hurt your son, but once you find out what he's done I would be thanking him and offering anything he wanted. I don't know how much she values here son's life... Maybe she though it was right. The outcome of it is that tonight she will be lying in bed probably thinking "what an idiot!" But if you hadn't done what you had done then she would be lying there thinking "What music should I have on at the funeral." I know it's hard to just step out and do something like that. Alot of the time people hold back because they don't want to make a scene, just uncase it is nothing, but it takes bravery and honour to step out of the crowd and do something like that. Just forget about the mum, that kid that you saved could turn out to be a scientist that finds a cure to cancer (lol-- I know it's unlikely, but you never know) so just remember that. Well done man, well done. Sean Webber (alive).