xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Gay Clubs

Ok, i was out tonight with some mates and we got turned away from a club in the gay village because we looked too straight. (We went there because it was the only place open at that time of night) Were they justified in turning us away for being straight or is that discrimination? We just wanted somewhere to go after most places had closed. We didnt care that it was a "gay bar" so should they care that we we are straight?

wow, reverse descrimination. I think it is wrong. What would happen if a group a gays were stopped from going into a normal bar?? I wouldn't want to go into a gay bar anyway.

Interesting!I think....Jushua was right in the sense that in the end, the ultimate goal would be 'no discrimination' at all. However, I think this is quite a sensitive issue. I think they might just have thought of place as being....a party, where same people go and see each other every day (rather than a pub)And I think it does happen. For example, sports club (or fitness).....you need to be a member before you can enter. Or library, you need to be the member of the university/school to enter. Or in the kitchen of a restuarant, you'll have to work there to gain acces. Or to go into movie studio, you'll have to get a special pass or be a member. And to be a member, you will have to comply with their rules/conditions...So in this case, it is just like..they introduce some kinda conditions before you can enter. It just happens to be a non-familiar one. It's like...if you own a property, one of those rights you possess is the right to exclude others. You can invite people into your place and you can refuse to let someone in. So in a sense, it does make sense actually. (just the condition which they introduced was not a common one)

I can?t really see the justification for turning people away because they look to straight but then again aren?t there lots of clubs that turn people away based on imagine. For instance I bet you can?t get into some of the clubs that celebrities do even if you have the money. I don?t see this a problem in a big city anyway because I am sure there are lots of other clubs that you can go to. Clubs are an interesting place. People may choose a club because of the type of person they want to meet. It might not be right but I can see why people to it. The hottest club in town is just not so hot if they let all the bums in.

huh. thats weird! i thought they should be more happier knowing there are straights around. its their lost?? lolz. orr maybe they just dont want you around cause its a private party or something... hmm... maybe...