xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HoRuS

My Internet Provider!

Grrr this just ticks me off,been without internet for 4 weeks, only because of a stupid mistake at my provider.They cut me off, because they thought I was behind with payments for like 4 months, allthough my bank account stated otherwise, they didn't believe me, not even when I send them a copy of an overview. After wasting like ?50,- on phonebills (they have a number wich costs like ?0,20 per minute and put you on hold for like 30mins) and 4 letters, they finally brought me back online.They even dared to charge me almost ?30,- for plugging me in, thats when they met my lawyer >_<So am back now after 26 days to repay my debts to T17 :rolleyes:

Wow that really stinks man! You really had to go through all that to just get your internet back up? I would assume they woudl believe you once you got the bank statement about making the payments, it is kind of hard to fake those. But then again charging you for the phone call and saying they are going to charge you ?30 just to plug it back in? Haha I have to say that is a really sneeky way to get you to pay more and more money just for a mistake they did. To be honest I would ask for a refund because that is really wrong you wasted quite a bit of money because you were cut from the internet for 4 weeks. I'm glad you got your internet back up though! Phew seems like you did a lot of work though haha. I wish I could say I feel for you but I have never had to go through that much just to get my internet back up, nor have I had the internet down for that long because of the provider's error. Maybe you shoudl get a new provider for better customer service hehe,-Jester

Was your lawyer scary looking I might need him :rolleyes:, but yeah that is kind of messed up that they thought you were bsing them about that. Heck I would change to another ISP and give them a bad review here to really show them how bad they are, oh wait you just did ;)/

I hate these Internet service providers how they just charge you to call for technical help or something. And they probably even purposely put you on hold just to get money off you. Its even worse when they randomly accuse you of not paying your bill, even when you did. *grrrrrrrh*People these days like money just a little bit too much. Take Telstra in AUS for example, they are building GSM phone towers anywhere they want without opposition, and guess what they want to do now? they want to build one on top of a church, the church disagrees and they try to bribe them! this has gone too far. There are a lot of other things why Internet Service Providers are slowly taking over (just like Safeway, AUS) and are charging us way too much for so little. I recommend changing Internet Service Providers even if you're on a contract, it'll show them. And also the smaller Internet Service Providers always have better service and better plans than those huge telecom giants.

Oh, that really SUCKS!!! I'd of been screaming mad. I'm not real happy right now with my isp, I can't stay connected to the internet, and it's been that way for months now, but they say it isn't their problem. I am seriously considering Wild Blue satalite. By the time I pay for the extra phone line and BS from them, it wouldn't be that much more expensive.