xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AskAndrewD

Internet Explorer Cookies

Okay, as you may have noticed, I AM HAVING TROUBLE with Internet Explorer Cookies (I may have exaggerated the UMM UGH AGHHH HELP! part a little too much - actually a lot, but...)I go to Xisto.comI click on ForumsI type in username and passwordI mess around with some posts and messages and replies, etc...When I try to make a new post or reply, it says I need to log in again...I know for sure that cookies are turned on, so why does this keep happening?

i recommend safari or opera. opera sometimes gets screwed up, but is a pretty good browser. but safari is my favorite. and now the new version works with windows, so thats good. its in beta testing, so its not completly stable, but i have been using it for about a month and have no problems with it. IE7 looks coolish, but sucks terribly, along with all other microsoft products.

Safari is a bit sluggish, though. It is a beta, so they should fix that eventually, but WebKit has some rendering problems as well.I reccomend Firefox or Opera. I don't mean to turn this into a Browser Wars thread, though :rolleyes:

Okay, as you may have noticed, I AM HAVING TROUBLE with Internet Explorer Cookies (I may have exaggerated the UMM UGH AGHHH HELP! part a little too much - actually a lot, but...)I go to Xisto.com
I click on Forums
I type in username and password
I mess around with some posts and messages and replies, etc...
When I try to make a new post or reply, it says I need to log in again...
I know for sure that cookies are turned on, so why does this keep happening?

ok bud, let's try to get you some help here. bare with me. i want to keep it simple....

you want tolog on at http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login an then check to see if you are actually logged on. you will notice your login name at the upper left hand corner of trap's webpage.

now if you see that you are logged on, go directly to any topic to post on and hit reply(don't do anything but hit a couple links to get to a reply button). will it let you? if not, check again to make sure you are still logged on.

now if you don't see your screen name up there in the top left corner, it could be that you forgot your login information. make sure you have that correct.

NOW- possible problems could be trap doesn't support the version of internet explorer you are using. if so, you will need to upgrade your version possibly.

if you have a firewall, this could possibly prevent you from accessing certain parts of trap

let's start with the obvious and post here to verify if it works or not. here's what i want you to do after verifying your username and pw are correct and still having trouble....

click on tools, then internet options, then privacy. make sure your setting is medium-high or lower and then hit the apply button. after that, click on the advanced button. make sure you are allowing 1st and third party cookies. also verify that you are allowing session cookies. once you verify and/or change your settings, click ok, and click apply again if it allows you to. don't click ok at this point. what i want you to do now is click on the general tab where you're at and delete your cookies and your temporary internet files. they are right next to eachother

now you're done with the obvious help techniques. i would close out internet explorer and restart it. also, i am not sure if you need to reboot for the changes to take affect. this may be a possibility so keep that in mind.

try to log back in to trap using this link again.... http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login and verify that you are actually logged in where it should show your screen name in the upper left corner. try to reply to a post again. if it works now, GREAT! if not, click tools, then internet options, then privacy again, then click on sites. enter trap's address and then click on allow. click ok and then apply and try again.

hopefully these steps work for ya bud. if not, check firewall and check i.e. and make sure you have at least version 6. this is the version i am using and i don't have any problems. but i prefer firefox over i.e. any day. i only use i.e. once in a blue moon now.

now if this doesn't work for ya, please reply so we can try to dig deeper in to the problem. if it does, reply that it works so that anyone else that may have a problem in the future can refer to the instructions.

crossing fingers....i know you gotta be frustrated. hang in there
also, don't assume ANYTHING. i want you to verify EVERYTHING and do EVERYTHING i suggested without assuming cookies is already enabled

i recommend safari or opera. opera sometimes gets screwed up, but is a pretty good browser. but safari is my favorite. and now the new version works with windows, so thats good. its in beta testing, so its not completly stable, but i have been using it for about a month and have no problems with it. IE7 looks coolish, but sucks terribly, along with all other microsoft products.

lol and what are you? Mac Fanboy or Linux Nerd? ;)

Seriously - There's a REASON Microsoft has such popular usage of their products - Because they're GOOD! Stop denying it already.

And yeah to the topic - Have had some problems before with the same thing, but another site.

Just get Firefox or something more commonly used (I don't think you mentioned what you were using so I'm GUESSING an unupdated version of Internet Explorer etc).

UPDATE! GET NEW! GET FRESH! :rolleyes: