xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bubba11895

Invision Free

i like invision free, but for the money, its not worth it, thats why i dont buy it, but i have it. i wont say how i got it, but i didnt pay...i use SMF mainly, its better and easier to use that anything else. thats for sure. i would recommend checking it out if i were you, http://www.simplemachines.org/. its good stuff.

Invision Free is free. You're probably thinking of Invision Power Board which is a newer version that costs money. If you use a pirated version of it (like you appear to) they WILL catch you.

Furthermore, SMF is quite good, but I prefer MyTopix. phpBB is terrible, though.

I find that invisionfree is really quite good. It has a lot of premium features that come with the license Invision board. But since it's free and you don't own it, obviously it will be less customizable and have some limitations.I've use MyBB and it the best free forum software I've used so far. Once you download and install some of their mods, they can even work as well as Invision and VBulletin. Opensource is great!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merged.

I was using invisionfree but they have ads....big white ads that get in the way of a dark board so i searched and found this. though the one thing i liked about invisionfree is that it was easy to use

When you learn how to skin, you can make the text advertisements match the skin.
InvisionFree is awesome in my opinion.

Invisionfree is the best free forum software out there in my opinion. It is very east to use, very customizable. There is a massive community behind invisionfree and tons of more free stuff. Such as free skins, free modifactions and free buttons.I've used invisionfree before and I loved it. Due to it's simplicty this helped me understand about websites and forums.If you want a easy to use, free forums. Go with invisionfree.

I have already said this but punBB is the best I know simply because it's free, easy to mod and the code is simple.

MyTopix, phpBB, myBB, IceBB:

Free? Check.

Easy to mod? Check.

Simple coding? Check.

Nothing special here, move along. :rolleyes: