xisto Community
stevethedog

Betting & Betfair

Im alittle peeved off here's why, Not entirely sure where best to post a betting thread but it was here or the sports forum although betting doesn't just have to be sport and it's real life experiences so!I have been betting with numerous betting sites the last few weeks, no problems winning money, depositing cash, withdrawing my winnings etc... I went to deposit some more money into my Betfair account last night, but it wouldn't let me. I knew I had the money on my debit card, and instead came up with a message saying my bank refused it or something.So I try to deposit money into my Paddy Power account instead, same problem, so I phone up my bank, i'm on the phone to them for about 30 mins (about 20 mins just on hold). Eventually they explain how alot of fraudsters use betting sites, so they decided to blocked my card until they were sure it was me doing all these bets.That's all great and everything, but why the hell didnt they try and contact me the moment they blocked MY access to MY money? As they did not inform me of blocking the card, decided to wait for me to call them, and took so long on the phone I lost about ?150, because they could not reactivate my card until 19.45-50 meaning I missed out on the bet I was going to have and which subsequently won.Anyone had a similar betting/card problem?And do I have a case for a formal complaint or such like?

Im alittle peeved off here's why, As they did not inform me of blocking the card, decided to wait for me to call them, and took so long on the phone I lost about Ł150, because they could not reactivate my card until 19.45-50 meaning I missed out on the bet I was going to have and which subsequently won.
Anyone had a similar betting/card problem?
And do I have a case for a formal complaint or such like?

forget about it bud. i know you lost money and i would be upset too. i woulda let them have it over the phone. if you signed something stating something that they can take security precautions in their own hands then you don't have a case. if you didn't, i would still say you don't have any sort of case because when you are alowing your bank to handle your money, you are giving them assumed responsibility to protect your money. so that's my impression.

normally it's a good system and you just found yourself caught up in how it can go wrong once in a blue moon. no system is perfect. i was traveling the u.s. in my truck one year. my credit card co. cut me off. i had no cash and was paying gas through my credit card. well my card was flagged as stolen. why? because my regular history in purchasing things was different and now in different states. BAM! they thought the card was stolen and automatically cut me off. i had to call them to verify and it took me about the same tim it took you.....20 minutes.

i was pissed at the time because i couldn't travel anywhere and that *BLEEP* scared me. i didn't know what i was going to do since i don't like carrying alot of cash on me. well, i thought about it later on and came to the comclusion that i would rather have them safegaurd my money and my credit than not safe gaurd it at all.

hope cool down enough to just accept it and let it go knowing it's still a good system but also knowing no system is perfect.