xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deepod

Vista Problem

Hi,I own an acer aspire 5570 laptop with vista home premium on it. It was a display model so i didn't get any cds.I have recently tried to install WindowsXp on a partition, which I did because my internet router wasn't support by Vista, anyway i installed xp but then find a few devices xp couldnt run(i tried to find drivers on the Vista parition but couldnt) so I then formatted that partition to remove XP.. but now the computer wont boot up into vista. Won't boot up into anything.I know i could do a system repair using a vista disk, but i dont have one ;). I have a friend who has a copy but dont know when ill get a hold of himI've tried to find a vista boot disk, but cant, tried to find a repair disk from Acer for my model, but no luck.can anyone help me?:rolleyes:

Get a 3rd party partition manager of some sort that will boot and try to organize your master boot record. Installing different OSes on different partitions doesn't mean they can't overwrite each other's boot sequences, which tends to get ugly. Your XP install probably wiped off the boot sequence of Vista, or something of that sort. I had these problems too, just not with the same OSes. In the end i gave up and just used multiple hard drives, which saved me a couple million nerve cells :rolleyes: .

Edited by dre (see edit history)

You need to get your hands on a vista disc. What had happend is you wrote over the vista boot record with the xp boot record and now the computer does not know what to boot. This is a very simple fix but again you need to get a hold of a disc. once you have a bootable vista disc just go to the repair your computer link and click on startup. It will automatically rewrite the boot record and the next time you restart wala vista.

It was a display model so i didn't get any cds.

Acctually, all new laptops don't come with any cds or dvds or anything. They require you to burn the recovery dvd once you turn it on for the first time. I know that because when I bought my laptop, I didn't get any discs.