xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kasm

Egypt Puts King Tut Mummy On Public Display Egypt puts King Tut Mummy on public display

Egypt puts King Tut Mummy on public display started on Sunday 4th of November 2007.

Now for the first time the tourists will be able to see the face of Tutankhamun who was died more than 3,000 years. He is displayed in a simple glass climate-controlled case and Covered with a white linen cloth covers his body. Only his face and tiny feet were exposed.

King Tut died when he has 19-year-old king. His life and death has captivated people for nearly a century.

His Tomb was discovered by British archaeologist Howard Carter. British archaeologist Howard Carter discovered the tomb in the Valley of the Kings 85 years ago near the modern town of Luxor in 1922.

His treasures, including the famous funerary mask and stacks of furniture, stunned the archaeological community.

The mummy was broken into 18 pieces when Carter took it from its tomb and tried to pull off the famous golden mask. The only good thing (left) in this mummy is the face.

Until Sunday 4th November 2007, Tutankhamun's mummy had rested in a gilded coffin inside the stone sarcophagus inside the tomb. His fabulous gold and precious stone treasures moved the world as a mobile Musuem exhibit traveling the globe So million visited these exhibits in many cities in UK, US and Russia.

He wasn't Egypt's most powerful or important king, but his staggering treasures, rumors of a mysterious curse that plagued Carter and his team.

In 2005, scientists to resolve lingering questions over how he died, performed CT scanner for 15 minutes to obtain a three-dimensional image. It was the first scan done on an Egyptian mummy. The results ruled out that Tut was violently murdered ? but didn't tell he died around 1323 B.C. But was suggestion suggested that days before dying, Tut badly broke his left thigh, an apparent accident that may have resulted in a fatal infection [may be by speedy vechicle] The CT scan also showed he was well-fed and healthy, but slight, standing 5 feet, 6 inches tall at the time of his death.

The Egyptian tourism industry is hoping to capitalize on that interest and draw tourists to Luxor [the famous ancient city in upper Egypt]. I personally think our ancestor mummy should be left alone in quiet, in peace and I opposed the display and should not be a subject of a show I think any corpse of a body should stay in its original place. Especially the ancient Egyptian preserved the body and put food beside it in believe that the spirit will return back to the body," he told Reuters.but putting this mummy in this glass case may make the golden boy live forever For detail on the new display visit http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21623825 and there you also can watch interesting slide and Take a virtual tour of King Tutankhamun?s tomb and see the newly revealed face and feet of his mummy. at : Also don't leave there without watching the video. You will enjoy it

Also visit: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and watch videos from Router and BBC.

Wow, very, very cool. Thanks for the article! I'm surprised that they're actually doing this, because it seems like they'd normally keep the body sealed up where nobody has access to it.

This is a good article.. Thank you for the good contribution. You are right when you say that he was not that important figure but all I can say is that he has become really famous after his coffin was opened.The reason that he has become such a great figure is due to the curse surrounding his name and the cause of his mysterious death. I had seen a documentary on Tut's death.. I do not remember the documentary now but I will surely put a link if I find it online :rolleyes:Thanks again