xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deepod

No Startup

hi, wondering if anybody could help me. my computer recently crashed and wouldnt reboot, i inserted the windows disk and tried recovery console, everything seemed to work, but now whenever i turn on my computer it has a selection screen, both options say 'windows xp home edition', but the top one doesnt work and comes up with loads of missing file errors, im not sure how to delete the useless 'link'.:rolleyes:

hi, wondering if anybody could help me. my computer recently crashed and wouldnt reboot, i inserted the windows disk and tried recovery console, everything seemed to work, but now whenever i turn on my computer it has a selection screen, both options say 'windows xp home edition', but the top one doesnt work and comes up with loads of missing file errors, im not sure how to delete the useless 'link'.
:rolleyes:

Hi my friend had the same problem as you where he had to operating systems showing and one of them was showing errors, all this means mate is that you have more than one partition on your harddrive so all you if you want to get rid of ti if it is NO Good for you is download something called

Partition magic 8.0 or 8.5 i think you can get a free trial for it and jsut delete the partition which one doesnt work and you will know which one is the FAULTY one is because the one you are using now, should be SET to primary but if you get stuck when you open partition magic 8.0 or 8.5 and make a print screen of it and paste it in paint then attach it as a file on here and i will taker a look at the image, if you dont know how to do print screen all you do is follow these steps below

Step 1 - Press Print Screen on keyboard

Step 2 - Open Paint by going to - Start - All Programs - Accessories - Paint

Step 3 - In paint click Edit Paste up top in toolbar or press CTRL + V which is a shortcut for Paste

Step 4 - still in paint click - File - Save As

Step 5 - Save in appropriate place like Desktop or My Documents

Step 6 - Then Attach to this Reply on Trap 17

P.S if that doesnt work then Send me a message and i will see another solution which it could be.

Thanks
Aaron

i inserted the windows disk and tried recovery console

Back in the day, I tried this to, usually with little avail. Some time ago, I noticed that if you pop in the Windows XP cd in, boot from it, and continue on like you were installing fresh Windows, it should be able to detect an already-installed Windows and give you an option of repairing it. Much more useful that the stupid Recovery Console.