xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Seidhrith

Does Practice Really Make Perfect? Heres my thought...

We have all heard of the saying 'Practice makes Perfect'.I actually disagree with that statement.You see, the core principle of practicing is to make your self better.An example would be a child learning the piano.The child must practice in order to get better at the piano.But my thought is that practice does not make perfect... it just makes permanent.If a child is learning to play the Concert C Major Scale... but plays and practicesit wrong over and over again... it will not be perfect. His Concert C Major Scalewill be permanently wrong... until he fixes it. This may seem like an oxymoron,but there's a twist. If this Major Scale is wrong, and than he practices it the right way later on. With time, he will make it right. Practice will make permanent.So how do we achieve this 'perfect' level. The argument here is that there is no such thing as perfect. That is quite pessimistic. I say, lets just live bythis rule: "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect :P "

Practice doesn't really make you perfect.It just help you become better at something. And once you get really good at it, then the people thing you are perfect in that. But if you don't practice and all, you don't get better at it so people will just keep tell you practice more and more so you'll become perfect even though we all know that we can never be perfect.They just said it so you'll try harder next time and so you'll practice more and all. And there no such a level as perfect. You're just really good at it that they say that you are on that perfect level.Yeah, just keep on practicing that's all I have to day if you really think there's such a thing as perfect.

Perfect practice makes perfect is the principle I believe in also. It only works perfectly in theory, but in reality, it works well enough in my opinion.

Nobody is perfect, especially practice. you know how hard it is to practice something. and it's far far away from perfect just to practice something, and you just can't say "practice makes perfect". but you could say "thinking about something makes perfect" but then again, you couldn't do much without practice

I believe practice makes perfect, but not in the way of: Practicing will make you PERFECT. It is a general statement to say you get better if you practice, and obviously that is true. No one can be perfect, a mistake is bound to happen, but practicing decreases the chance of it happening.

Yes you should practice if you want to become better at something.No practice does not make perfect. I never practice my saxophone and I always make high A's on my passoffs.However, the principal does apply in sports. I always practice my tennis game and I'm pretty good.But that's just my opinion.

I don't believe that it does.I think practice makes you "closer" to perfect. But perfection itself is relative to the translator. What to one person may be perfect is not to another.So maybe there is no such things as perfect anyways?

Practice tends to make the information gone for me. When i've heard it once I know it PERMENANTLY but when people repeat it, It sounds more complicated each time which makes me doubt what I did before so I have to start again.

It isn't so much that practice makes perfect as much as practicing makes you as perfect as you can get at whatever you are trying to do. Practicing does help a lot though, I mean I used to never do my homework and now that I do I have realized that it helps me with my tests. Even if you do not know how to do your homework, but you keep doing the same problems, you will eventually figure it out, regardless if you didn't know you were doing it wrong before.