xisto Community
Will.Allison

Your View Of God Why do people believe?

People can debate until they're blue in the face because we each create our own truth. I believe in source energy and spirituality, you could call that god. If we think of god then I would think of us and everything as god. I don't believe in evil or satan because nothing IS good or bad for it is a choice to see something as good or as bad. Everything is neutral until we put an emotion to it and we choose that emotion. I don't think of God as a he or a she as that would make god a being, God doesn't judge, people judge, God doesn't feel negative or positive emotion, people do and it is our own personal guidance system telling us we are on the wrong path and to change it. We set our own wrongs and rights and our own goods and bads and when we go off track of what we personally see as positive or negative then we feel bad and that's our indication to get back on track. To either change our thoughts to positive, or an indication not to do something we may regret later or to maybe try something a different way. Then as we get back on track we are living the life we want to.When you're asking God for forgiveness, you're really asking yourself. I think... God doesn't forgive because God doesn't judge in the first place.. God just is. God is source energy, it's all around us and it is us.The best way to find your own beliefs is to look within yourself. While you may say there is no proof of god, there is also no proof of science, it is theory, they are both theory, it is all theory. There is also not one true answer, look at the similarities between all religions and science and that is where the truth lies. One interesting thing is that science (quantum physics) and spirituality are now starting ot come together, people are learning more and are starting to find evidence of spirituality.The reason why people believe in god is because they have looked within and found their own truth. I grew up Christian in belief and my way of believing in God was to pray for things, I prayed for nice weather and the next day it was sunshine, that was my proof. Now you may think that is silly, even I do now but that is an example of finding your own truth. While I believe in spirituality, I also believe I am in complete control of my life. I see the bible and the stories within as a fantastic guidance. If you look at each sin you can see that they are either just bad feelings in themselves or things that bring upon bad consequences leading to bad feelings. They aren't something to be punished for after life where you will meet the nasty devil :P. I also don't believe in "evil spirits" as I believe when we die we return to source energy and there it is filled with overwhelming positivity. As I said it is just us in our physical form that feel bad towards things that we personally dislike. My advice would be, don't just believe in something because you feel that's where you've seen the most evidence; or because someone you respect and see as wise has told you so; but look to yourself, meditate.. find your own truth and don't worry about what anyone else thinks or believes :).

I'm going to try and not be like really slandering.. Buut.

I'm inclined to believe that God was the one who triggered the first murder.

But my belief isn't stemmed off from that haha.. I thought it was an interesting fact =).

I think that it is ridiculous for grown adults to still have fun little imaginary friends that make their crap life seem better. I also find it stupid that some people dedicate their lives as to be holy when the bible was supposedly written over like 2000 years? And by different people. It just doesn't seem right especially since Adam and Eve couldn't have written those first sections, I mean we had to learn over years how to read and right and they literally just popped up in the middle of nowhere. They didn't have any books to benefit from. So their tale has got to be crap yeah?

I'm a logic person. Seriously.

I do not believe in God. Never did. I was babticised against my will when I was 6. Since then I have hatred to everything that deals with religion as it was the first thing to lmit my choices in life against my will.

Personally, I do not believe in God. I do not think there is someone watching over us that changes or even effects our lives in anyway.
What I am curious about is why people began to believe in God. I believe people now do it because they want to have faith in something and they want to know there is something more than this life. But how did this belief in God come about? There are many different beliefs n what God has done or what God is. Why did people believe their relgous leaders? Now we are a lot less religous than we first were, there is no longer peer presure. But many still believe without any proof.

I am not trying to say you are wrong by being religous. I am just curious. Why do you believe?

I do believe there is a god....I don't believe he is found in any religion in the world, though religion is an obvious place to start a search for him/her/it. God is always wrapped up into a nice little box, but how can something so powerful and creative be held in such small ideals? Religion just puts limits on what god is. Why can't he be all of it? I don't blame anyone who doesn't believe in God, it was probably presented to you by an overly zealous christian or the many people that scour our neighborhoods trying to convert people. God is the ultimate unifier, it's people that have seperated themselves and started saying that one way is wrong and that their's is right. Take Christianity for example, there are sooooooo many different branches and beliefs that it's impossible to know which one is right or wrong, yet they all say that their's is the church or set of beliefs for you. God is where you find him. I think that if you're looking for him he will present himself in a way that you will understand. All I know is that since I quit religion and started seeking out god, in general, it has become even more apparent to me that he does exist. How can something so beautiful like humankind or our universe simply happen by chance? There had to have been some kind of intelligence behind it all. Thanks for the topic. :)

Well the reason that most people believe in God is due to the fact of how could the very first atoms be created, much less the very first anything? Secondly, I was recently saved on November 25, and since then my life HAS changed, I have heard about people changing after receiving Christ and I have experienced it. And also we don't believe in God because we want to have faith we KNOW that he lives because he sent his son (Jesus, just in case you didn't know) to be born by a VIRGIN (Mary, also in case you didn't know...). And lastly, you shouldn't need proof to believe in God, faith is all you need, and I believe because how could this beautiful planet not be created by a perfect being? I mean seriously, you need Jesus. :)

Personally, I do not believe in God. I do not think there is someone watching over us that changes or even effects our lives in anyway.
What I am curious about is why people began to believe in God. I believe people now do it because they want to have faith in something and they want to know there is something more than this life. But how did this belief in God come about? There are many different beliefs n what God has done or what God is. Why did people believe their relgous leaders? Now we are a lot less religous than we first were, there is no longer peer presure. But many still believe without any proof.

I am not trying to say you are wrong by being religous. I am just curious. Why do you believe?

good topic but I think i've posted my beliefs elsewhere here a few times, in similar ones. I'm a matriarch.

Im with the starter of this thing. I dont really believe in God but there is some supreme being watching over us. People pray to god, but each religion is different and all the poeple are the same which means some religion has it right or they are all wrong about how we were formed. God to me is a myth that people believe in during Sunday's and bad times, but not day to day. Something is watching us, and we will probably never know until we die what that is.