xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAlex

British Women's Waistlines Have Grown By 2 Inches do you have to marry a fat girl/boy in the future?

The average woman?s waistline has grown by 2 inches in 10 years, all thanks to the sedentary lifestyle. :P

(this is true, as a man,I almost spend 14+hours in front of the computer and tv and the desk everyday!)

A study conducted by Cancer Research UK scientists found that the average waistline has increased from 31.8 inches to 33.5 inches.

Men are also nowhere behind the fairer sex, for the research found that the average man?s waistline has grown by 1.4 inches to 38 inches.

(yes, I can see a lot of fat around my waist now)

"We know high body weight increases the risk of a number of cancers and it is important we get this message out to as many people as possible,? the Daily Mail quoted Dr Lesley Walker, of Cancer Research UK, as saying.

"A healthy diet with plenty of fiber, fruit and vegetables, as well as regular exercise can help people lose weight and reduce their risk of cancer,? he added.

(I have a healthy diet, but I don't have enough exercise...)

The trend was found to be dominant in the under 45s, where the proportion of men with a body mass index over 35, and of women with a BMI of over 40, has grown two-fold during the decade.

Lead researcher Professor Jane Wardle said it is possible that young people follow a less healthy lifestyle than their elders.

(absolutely.my parents never stay up late)

"Snacking habits, takeaway meals high in fat and sedentary lifestyles where many people spend both work and leisure time sitting in front of a computer are all likely to contribute to the results."

She added that genetics also play a vital role in the growing rate of obesity.

Can we have a link to this?Also, I think this is probably true. People are leading less healthy lives, but I think it is improving. A lot of people are starting to think about what they are buying and how they are wasting their life.I think that it will probably go down again, maybe even lower.Anyone agree/disagree?

Edited by Liam_CF (see edit history)

Can we have a link to this?
Also, I think this is probably true. People are leading less healthy articles, but I think it is improving. A lot of people are starting to think about what they are buying and how they are wasting their life.

I think that it will probably go down again, maybe even lower.

Anyone agree/disagree?

yes, ppl are paying more attention on this problem.
here is the link~
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I think it is mostly the general population's reluctancy to not only purchase gym membership, but also to take the time to go to the gym and work. I do not know if this is to do with the amount of time people now get, but I'm sure finance has something to do with it.

Well, in the past, peoples work would be very physically demanding, and only a few would get to work in an office. Nowadays, most peoples work is office or home based and often using a computer. Working hours have reduced the amount of social time someone gets, and this has also reduced the amount of time someone is willing to spend in a gym.

I'm fairly slim, but that's mainly because I used to coach badminton, and now walk to and from work everyday for 40 mins each way. However, I certainly don't keep regular sleep hours, or eat a balanced diet.I definitely see this at work...especially when people are getting stressed...which soon turns into a nasty cycle, since you don't feel like exercising or cooking when you've had a bad day.

I think there's a direct correlation between when McDonald's and other fast food joints started appearing in the UK and how people started to grow in their bellies.

I mean this as no joke, well maybe a little, but I wonder how much American's waistlines have grown over the years. I go to high school, and over the last few years I've noticed a shift from the majority of new students (freshmen) being slim or not too big, to the majority being a little chubby to a good amount being...well, massive.