xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sitesmakers

Tutorial Build Your Own Cs Server 1.6 Steam how to build counter strike server 1.6 Steam

This server is for Windows only . if u need tutorial to linux replay to the topic

1.Download necessary files- HLDSUpdateTool
- AMX Mod X

2.Install Server

a) First we need to create a New Folder, create this in C:\ with this name: HLDS.
B) Now open hldsupdatetool.exe and install them in D:\HLDS.
c) Now we most to create a shortcut at HldsUpdateTool.exe (from D:\HLDS right click on icon and select Create Shortcut)., now we has created a shortcut (she`s name is Shortcut to HldsUpdateTool.exe ). Again right click on icon (but shortcut icon), select Propersties and at last word from Tagert we most to add next line: -command update -game cstrike -dir . (without quotes but with .).
d) Now execute the Shortcut to HldsUpdateTool.exe and wait approximate 30 minutes at 1 hour (this download all file we need)
e) After download we heve the server, but now we most to install AMX Mod X for running good.

3.server.cfg

a) First go to D:\HLDS\cstrike and there create a new file New Text Document.txt
:P Copy in this file next:

hostname "Server name"
mp_autokick 0
mp_autocrosshair 0
mp_autoteambalance 0
mp_buytime 2
mp_consistency 1
mp_c4timer 35
mp_fadetoblack 0
mp_falldamage 0
mp_flashlight 1
mp_forcecamera 3
mp_forcechasecam 2
mp_friendlyfire 1
mp_freezetime 3
mp_fraglimit 0
mp_hostagepenalty 0

mp_limitteams 6

mp_logfile 1
mp_logmessages 1
mp_logdetail 3
mp_maxrounds 0
mp_playerid 0
mp_roundtime 3
mp_startmoney 800
mp_timelimit 35
mp_tkpunish 0
mp_winlimit 0

sv_aim 0
sv_airaccelerate 10
sv_airmove 1
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_clienttrace 1.0
sv_clipmode 0
sv_allowupload 1
sv_cheats 0
sv_gravity 800
sv_lan 0
sv_maxrate 7000
sv_maxspeed 320
sv_maxupdaterate 101
sys_ticrate 10000
decalfrequency 60
pausable 0
log on
decalfrequency 60
edgefriction 2
host_framerate 0
exec listip.cfg
exec banned.cfg
rcon_password password

c) Now save, exit and rename file as: server.cfg

4. Installing AMX Mod X

a) After download AMX Mod X first most install them anywher.
:P After install he ask if we accept to run the installer, select yes, and now we click on Next button, select I Accept terms. and click Next button, now we most select server type, we select Select mod directory and press the Next button and now will appear a new window, first most select mod directory (we select D:\HLDS\cstrike), after at down of window most slect Custom game addon there select Counter-Strike and click Next button.
c) Now will appear a new window who ask The file libilist.gam couldn`t be found. Continue installations ? we select yes.
d) Now we have installed AMX Mod X.

5. Start the server

a) We most go into D:\HLDS and right click on hlds, select Create shortcut
B) Now we have Shortcut to hlds.exe, right click on this and at last word from target most add next line: Code:
-console -game cstrike -pingboost 3 +sys_ticrate 1000 +heapsize 250000 -port 27015 -autoupdate +secure +sport 27014 +ip IP +maxplayers no. player +map de_dust2
c) To start the server now we just make a duble cick on Shortcut to hlds.exe.

That`s all !

Now you can start to configurate your server from: D:\HLDS\cstrke\addons\amxmodx\configs\amxx.cfg and plugins.ini

Now you have a Counter-Strike 1.6 Server !

* If you have qestions about this theard send me reply's in this post.
* I do this ''tutorial" for users who want to create a server.
* I hope you stand what i say.

pls replay to the topic if you need the links to the programs tha tu need to download ..

Hello sitesmakers! Thank you for this way to use counter strike server.You can also use hamachi, that is to create virtual private network, and free can go 16 players. that is cool, and your internet connection is not bad need, because hamachi private network on hamachi servers. if you host local you need good internet speed. if you don't have server goes crash sometimes when lot of people play.do you have problem with lot of people on server?

Hello sitesmakers! Thank you for this way to use counter strike server.You can also use hamachi, that is to create virtual private network, and free can go 16 players. that is cool, and your internet connection is not bad need, because hamachi private network on hamachi servers. if you host local you need good internet speed. if you don't have server goes crash sometimes when lot of people play.
do you have problem with lot of people on server?

yes its okay i guess. but creating your own server is more effective cause with hamachi its a network but in that way that i explained upper is over the internet .. When a player searches in the game in Internet your server will apear there and you will have every time players on your server. its more nicely then hamachi

Nice guide, but i have one problem.I have done everything that the guide says but when i try to open the shortcut to "hlds" i get an error that says: "Couldn't allocate dedicated server IP port 27015".What should i do to get it to work? :P

Tutorial Build Your Own Cs Server 1.6 Steam - how to build counter strike server 1.6 Steam

Tutorial Build Your Own Cs Server 1.6 Steam

Nice guide, but I have one problem.

I have done everything that the guide says but when I try to open the shortcut to "hlds" I get an error that says: "Couldn't allocate dedicated server IP port 27015".

What should I do to get it to work?

-reply by nasko1994

Links

Can you give me the links for hldsupdatetool.Exe and Amx

-question by Farees

Links

Can you give me the links for hldsupdatetool.Exe and Amx

-reply by Farees

This server is for Windows only . if u need tutorial to linux replay to the topicpls replay to the topic if you need the links to the programs tha tu need to download ..

i need help!!where do i place the command update -game cstrike -dir ???? pls man...if u have MSN tell it to me because i need badly my own server and this is the chance!!!!pls help me!! or someone who did his own server by this server pls help me!!!

Fatal error dedicated server

Couldn't allocate dedicated server IP 27015

When I run hlds.Exe I get this error I don't't know what to do

So if you could help me please I will wait for your reply

Thank you

-reply by wess

I need help with the same problem it says same thing to me "Couldn't allocate dedicated server IP port 27015" need help badly cuz I got clan and we don't have server to play in Thanks:)