xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

My Band Dirrector

For those of you who live in my town, (which I'm assuming none of y'all do) you know we got a new band dirrector.She's a "n00b" to band dirrecting!First of all, she has never directed before, and she came in and totally screwed things up. For those you in band, you are probably familiar with the term chair test, but for those of you who aren't I'll fill you in. In most band cases, every now and then, we have test to recieve chairs or rankings in the band. Well last year, we had our end-of-the-year final "exam" and I was SUPPOSED to be first chair in synphonic band (the better of the two bands.) But thanks to the band dirrector, that's not happening, and so we are arranged by last names. Well, that's not fair to me, because my last name starts with a K.Well, now she is getting in the way of my personal life and keeping me from doing stuff with friends. She is forcing us to practice 90 minutes a week, and the only 90 minutes a week that I'm not doing stuff is on tuesday night, in which I'd normally do things with friends. well thanks to her, I can't even do anything with them anymore! And I guess it wouldn't be so bad, but there isn't a need to practice, seeing as how we don't have chair tests. I'm guessing that she was the kind of band geek that didn't have any friends or a life.Well, she gets the wise idea to scheduel a concert RIGHT on our tennis match next week (against waco.) Well, the tennis scheduell is put together in July and comes out in august. Well, she SWEARS that it wasn't on there untill recently. Well, guess what? WE TOLD HER AND TOLD HER AND TOLD HER for the past month that there was going to be a schedueling conflict and she was like all, "Oh no, because I would have seen it earlier." And then I ask her if we could put it on another day and she said it wouldn't be fair to the football and volleyball people. So it is fair to us that we can't go to our match?I hate band. I never wanted to do it. But my mom thinks it's ok to walk all over me and pic my classes for me.