xisto Community
jlhaslip

*** Virus Alert *** Important *** *** DO NOT TOUCH THESE LINKS ***

Oh no, more viruses every single day. I hope those virus-creators get banned from using the internet. Thanks for telling us about this virus, I'll never be visiting those websites if I come across them in Google. :)

Thank you very much for the information about this new threat haslip. I think AVG's Search-Shield will detect malicious sites as threats. Some display with active spyware/adware etc.I will be on the look out. :)-Sky

I tried the first link and it redirected me to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which is, i think, not a harmful site.. but anyways.. it is a year ago and that links maybe down now.. just be cautious to visit an unknown site or download files from sites you don't trust to avoid getting any malicious programs or files..

Sources have warned that the following links, or similar, should not be "touched" or linked to.

Your Anti-virus will issue a severe warning if you click to these links.

It would appear that the common element is the filename in the link which follows the web protocol h t t p.

h {double t} p {colon} //xxthebestxx.hut2.ru/r57.txt

h {double t} p {colon} ///cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgir57.txt

h {double t} p {colon} (a file on your account)%20script:void(0)

h {double t} p {colon} //turkey.dnsdc9.com/~activ7/r57.txt

h {double t} p {colon} //turkey.dnsdc9.com/~activ7/r57.txt

and here are the details from an Anti-Virus program:

Posted Image

This is a Brand New Trojan/Virus. It can not be found in a Google Search, fortunately the NOD32 Anti Virus I use was effective against it.

Just another example indicating that there are IDJITS on the Internet and you should be careful.

Ensure that your security is updated with an effective Anti-virus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware and all the rest.

Thanks for reading. Be careful.

Dude thanks for the notice because i always try to keep up to date with the latest viruses or computer threats out there. I'll be sure to pass along this useful information to others once i do a little more research on this particular threat. I agree that NOD32 seems to be useful against most threats, at least for me so far.