xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Hot Off The Press All about Flanders

I have developed a website about the country where I was born: Flanders.

Its purpose is to:

Give Flemings abroad (like myself) a piece of home

Let foreigners have some more information about Flanders (it is a beautiful place and high on the tourist list)

Give the Flemings at home some more information (especially about things that do not appear in the media or that are described in the press with half truths and whole lies).

On top of that, the situation is very interesting at the moment, as Flanders is on the verge of tearing itself free from Belgium and to end 177 years of Belgian slavery, so I thought I might be able to help support Flemish nationalists (of which I am one) in their fight for freedom.

The site is bilingual (Dutch/English), and on it are things like a slideshow with pictures from Flanders (as it is a beautiful place), a news page, a complete insight into Flanders, i.e. demographically, geographically, politically and historically. This page is still under construction, but already contains a wealth of information about current Flanders, and the next bit to be added will be about Flanders throughout the centuries.

Furtermore, there is a guest book, a forum (bilingual) where, after free registration) people can discuss Flemish matters, or indeed post questions if they want to learn more about Flanders. There is also a media page with video clips, Powerpoint presentations and sound clips. In due time all videos in Dutch will be subtitled in English (working on that at the moment).

You can also subscribe to a Flemish newsletter (once again, bilingual NL/Eng).

There is also a page with famous Flemings, which ranges from martyrs and freedom fighters over artists, scientists and sports people. Information is also constantly added to that page.

You can find the site here.

It would also be nice to hear some opinions and/or advice.

Any help to make improvements is always gratefully accepted.

PS. Something must have gone wrong earlier, I tried to post this topic but it did not appear in this subforum.

It was, however, mentioned in the "Latest Activity" section.

Sincere apologies if I went wrong somewhere.