xisto Community
Joshua

File Manager Problems

Alright, I figured out the edit html windows need to be refreshed each time opening them for them to show the last updates so you don't just work off the old, un-updated version and mess everything up (which really should get fixed).

The problem that most annoys me though is when I try deleting files and the File Manager doesn't delete them. I try uploading updated files over them and it doesn't update them, but just keeps the old ones there. It's getting really annoying.

And when I try deleting stuff from the Trash Can, it never deletes it. Sometimes it won't even put it in the trash can even though I go to the file and choose Delete File. And once it goes in the Trash Can I go to the file again and try deleting it once more while in the can, and it stays there. I click on the can and it doesn't delete what's in it. And it's extremely frustrating.

Oh yeah, and for whatever reason it won't let me use the visual editor for any given file more than once, and sometimes not even once.

Anyone know how to resolve these problems?

It's really, really difficult to build a website when you can't manage the files you need adequately.

I have my site at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and am trying to upload files without that black line in them. But each time it says the files upload, or overwrite the previously existing files, it never uploads them. I go to look at the files and they remain the old ones. I check the site and it still shows the black line gifs as part of the site. I try deleting the problematic files so I can upload the new ones, and it won't delete them, and they just stay there.

Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

Try emptying your Browser Cache.The method is different for each Browser, so tell us which Browser you are using, please.

On top of what haslip is suggestion, I would connect your account with a FTP manager and upload and delete that way and see if your files get replaced, but usually the cache from a browser would caused this and so the next suggestion would be to lower the size of your browsers cache that way files will be deleted automatically as you visit other sites and what not.

Yeah, the problem was the browser's temporary internet files. I also set the temp files limit as low as it could go too, as suggested, something I probably should've done earlier since I end up deleting those things manually anyway. That seems to have solved it, thanks for the help!