xisto Community
Shahid

Bugs With Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Information

You can switch off the built-in Windows Firewall in the control panel. And, in fact, Micorosft does not recommand users to use more than 1 firewall as no firewalls are compatible with any other firewalls. If you are experiencing problems using any softwares with the built-in firewall enabled, the reason may be that you are using more than 1 firewall -- and if you don't like it, just disable it. Don't blame SP2 for making your softwares unusable.

OpaQue > My optical mouse do not work well on my computer desk, but it works well when I place a paper and use the mouse on the paper (using that paper as mousepad...) And, I don't think it's SP2's problem...

I have run windows SP2 for a long time now with no real problems. Then the other day windows crashed while i was in WMP10, it said all plugins had been reset and i got a odd error, sicne i cant play any divx in WMP10 or in ares, i can use my divx player, but otherwise i dont really understand whats happend, and how to fix it.

So far, I think Windows XP SP2 is the fastest service pack ever! And stable!First, install windows xp without any service packpartition your drive for the virtual memory, i partition another drive 1 gbthen i set the virtual memory or paging file on that drive only and 1000 mb for initial and 1000 mb for maximum.then i restarted my pc.then installed windows xp sp2after that search for the internet on how to disable those annyoing low disk space message. or popup balloons.

I don't have any bugs if you have just use linux :P or use windows 98 is better and is much stable :D I use winxp professional and linux suse :D linux is better back to xp sp2 no bugs beacuse I don't use it to much :D But I have some problems with IE my IE was gone for now and I can't find it but I don't need it B)

Don't get SP2!

Wow...if you can at all avoid it, do.  Before I got SP2 (even with XP), my computer NEVER crashed...or did so maybe once every 3 months.  Now it does it regularly (with SP2).

And the firewall is a completely different story.  It limits connections that can be established by P2P software (at least the kind that I have, which isn't cool), and it blocks stupid stuff like Firefox!  I mean...that's a freaking browser, and it gets blocked!

Argh...I hate it.  And I've read tons of stuff that says that SP2 just makes your computer more vunerable to attacks.  If it wasn't for PCCillin'...I would probably be in big trouble.

39303[/snapback]

Wow, I haven't had a problem with SP2. If anything I think it helped, but from reading what you guys posted..i have no idea if im just having some GOOD luck or what.

Wow, I haven't had a problem with SP2. If anything I think it helped, but from reading what you guys posted..i have no idea if im just having some GOOD luck or what.

42678[/snapback]

Probably because xp sucks :D microsoft have many enemies :P (hackers) because they have to many money while linux is open source :D and is created from side of hackers B)