xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Carson

Final Fantasy 12 I need first hand report

Being a huge final fantasy fanatic (and one which could never actually afford any FF games) I decided to buy the fairly new final fantasy 12 (XII). I've heard alot about the battle system such as that it is very slow, and has a kingdom hearts sort of feel. I've read heaps of reports but I need to know for sure what it's like by someone whos played it. Mainly the battle system but also the rest of it. Thanks.

Slow no, because once you set up the proper gambits the only thing you have to worry about is staying awake since the battles are pretty much automated. If you played FFXI thats where they burned that idea off, but you can set it up old school style. Of course most of the battles do get tedious if you power level yourself, but if you try to play it straight, most of these battles will be a battle for your life thats why you have to play all the characters and balance them out correctly. So when one team dies you can use the back up squad to finish up. Although my thumbs hurt more on Kingdom hearts because of the lack of automateness to FFXII, hopefully when 13 comes out they go back to the old school battle system.

Being a huge final fantasy fanatic (and one which could never actually afford any FF games) I decided to buy the fairly new final fantasy 12 (XII). I've heard alot about the battle system such as that it is very slow, and has a kingdom hearts sort of feel. I've read heaps of reports but I need to know for sure what it's like by someone whos played it. Mainly the battle system but also the rest of it. Thanks.

Even most of my friend told me to play this title, but in the end... I didn't really think this title is great after all. Well, this one had a VERY VAST world map and very deep intrigue of storyline...

but that's all I can say other than the enormous graphics. Well, the intrigue sounds so good, but the relationship between characters of the group is poorly made up. Well, as you may know, no chemistry between both main characters here, and ... (sorry for Panello fan) I don't like Panello (as Vahn's girl) after all...

Next, the battle system. Kingdom hearts is great for battle system and I wouldn't say otherwise. The action which called upon the battles drive me more and more time for play it. But, Final Fantasy XII is worse than any of modern Final Fantasy (from 7 till 10). It drove me mad when I must wait till the ATB bar to fill just to attack... even though we can FREEly move around the battlefield.

More than that, the animation for magic is poor. I can only say great for the summoned monster (I forgot what the term now), other than that I can't say they are good...

And those are the main reasons I could sum up... as I only played less than half of the game...