xisto Community
r3skyline

Help With Accessing Website

ok, so i signed up a couple days ago. it said it was a complete package deal, so i was like cool. this is my first time making a website/forum. so far support was good but then it went downhill. i got everything i needed, confirmation email, got my account activated. gave me my login info, cpanel, temp website url and everything. so far so good. i go into the cpanel, and i use fantastico to load up smf forums. i was like yay! cuz i finally got it in. my url is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . ok. i get an email after i installed smf that my domain/website had resolved their servers. super awesome! its been almost 2 days now and i still cant access my website! i went onto live support and they told me that i hadnt registered my website or w.e and that is why it wasnt showing up. but on Xisto - Web Hosting.com under my client info it says my domain/website is active. whats going on? i thought they did the registering and stuff... im really confused right now.

In order to use the Domain name, it is required that you 'own' the domain and you need to set the Domain Name Servers correctly.
As I check, the Name Servers are not currently pointed to the Xisto - Web Hosting Name servers.

Review the instructions found in the Xisto readme file for the steps required. the actual details will be different, but the process would be similar.

Xisto Readme

In order to use the Domain name, it is required that you 'own' the domain and you need to set the Domain Name Servers correctly.As I check, the Name Servers are not currently pointed to the Xisto - Web Hosting Name servers.

Review the instructions found in the Xisto readme file for the steps required. the actual details will be different, but the process would be similar.

Xisto Readme

ok, found out all i paid for was web hosting :) pooh...so i sorta have the domain name forum.thebatcave.org but when i went to try and register for it, it said it was invalid.....so how do i change the one i purchased through Xisto - Web Hosting to something i can use?

Go to https://xisto.com/ and use their services to find an available Domain name, arrange to purchase it and then make it your account domain according to the instructions.
You will need to set the Name Servers and then wait for the Domain to propogate. That could take as few as 24 hours or as long as 72 hrs. No real way to control that. It depends on too many things happening.
Once the Domain Name gets propogated, you will be all set.

Good luck with it. Post back here if you need any more assistance.

WHOIS of THEBATCAVE.ORG => The domain which you should own in order to use : forum.thebatcave.org

forum.thebatcave.org is the domain for which you ordered hosting.
It was already registered on : 30-Jan-2000 22:22:27 UTC

I assume you did not have proper knowledge of web hosting. In this case, you should have gone with FREEDOM Package where we setup everything from domain registration to hosting and give you the details.

Please register a new domain at https://xisto.com/ and Contact support at https://support.xisto.com/ to change your domain name (for your hosting account).

Whois of thebatcave.orgDomain thebatcave.org is registered

Server whois.publicinterestregistry.net respond:
Domain ID:D18722089-LROR
Domain Name:THEBATCAVE.ORG
Created On:30-Jan-2000 22:22:27 UTC
Last Updated On:04-Feb-2007 21:30:44 UTC
Expiration Date:30-Jan-2008 22:22:26 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)
Registrant ID:tuuhUtNNk8RJxovH
Registrant Name:Nicholas Gurganus
Registrant Organization:none
Registrant Street1:1
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:A
Registrant State/Province:Maryland
Registrant Postal Code:24542
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.3015551111
Registrant Phone Ext.: