xisto Community
komigen

What Should I Do? Ive got TO MUCH credits :(

Story:

I was searching for free hosting, found this forum, really got into the concept of contributing to get uptime and started posting.

Problem:

My website isin't even half done yet and I have 70 credits as of this writing. Now, I thought that I could store up credits before I apply for hosting and then take a short break from the forum in order to manage my new site. But I now get told that when I apply for hosting and if I get accepted, my credits will JUST BE DISCARDED and I'll be left with 2-3 for the "initial account balance".

This means that I've been contributing as I was told to, and completely f*cking wasting my time. Or at least more then 50% of the posts I made was a total waste of time and will do nothing for my site.

So, you could call me an idiot for not researching this before I started posting. Yeah, allright, I can accept that BUT I think it's totally unfair and the rules should be changed.

/rant

You can send the "excess" credits to someone and then have them give them back to you after you apply.

I can do that? Awesomeness.

Guess I'll send them to you then..

How do I do it?

EDIT--

No wait, I don't know you so what guarantee do I have you'll send them back? What guarantee do I have anyone will send them back?

/paranoid and untrusting
Edited by komigen (see edit history)

This fact is pointed out numerous times across the forum. For example the Flash guide to credits points out this fact in large red letters. There are also loads of posts around the forums containing this information.

There is, however, a reason why your credits get reset. You earn them for being active at the forums here. Firstly, it is easier to earn credits before you are hosted, so it would be unfair to let people keep them, as they wouldn't be 'worth' the same as those earned after you become hosted. Secondly, if you get loads of credits before you are hosted, most people wouldn't return until their stockpile had run out. They'd rapidly post loads of spam and then disappear again for a couple of months. The idea is to keep a constant active community here.

Sorry, but that is the way the system works, and the information is out there available for you.

You can send the "excess" credits to someone and then have them give them back to you after you apply.

Sorry, but you can't transfer credits around if you are not hosted.

No wait, I don't know you so what guarantee do I have you'll send them back? What guarantee do I have anyone will send them back?
/paranoid and untrusting

Yeah, I kind of thought you would feel that way, which is why I left it open in case you had someone you knew better. In the end you'd have my word.

Sorry, but you can't transfer credits around if you are not hosted.

I didn't know that.