xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ishan1990

Awstats Not Working Getting an error with awstats

Hey everyone, I just got the free web hosting and i've just been playing around with my site and experimenting with certain things. There is one thing though so far that i havent been able to figure out, and it seems that other people on the net have had the same problem. It has to do with the Awstats statistic thing that came with the Cpanel. Whenever I click it it gives me this errorError: Couldn't open config file "awstats.pointless.trap17.com.conf" nor "awstats.conf" after searching in path ".,/home/ishan/tmp/awstats/,/etc/opt/awstats,/etc/awstats,/etc,/usr/local/etc/awstats": No such file or directory Has anyone had this problem or can offer a solution? There are a few pages on google with some relavence, but nothing that i understand too well (i'm a bit of a noob with these things). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No experience personally but try running

perl awstats_configure.pl
if you can.

Try googleing the error and see what you get I very often do it for PHP errors and get brilliant results.