xisto Community
htdefiant

Multiplication Via Addition

I'm looking for some brainstorming help. The task is to create a program where the user enters two integers, and have them multiply without using the multiplication function. For example, if the user enters 5 and 10, the program is supposed to go 10+10+10+10+10, not 5*10. I have gotten as far getting input from the user. I am thinking of using a while loop for this. Does anyone have suggestions as to the best way to do this with the while statement? Thanks.

Sorry Alex - I am very new at this. Here is what I have:

main (){     int num1, num2, num3;     printf("Please an integer:\n");     num1=GetInteger();     printf("Please a second integer:\n");     num2=GetInteger();     while (num2>1)     {           }     getchar ();     return 0;     }

How do I apply the code you gave me to this base?

try this... num3 is the result of num1 times num2

int num1, num2, num3=0;	 printf("Please an integer:\n");	 num1=GetInteger();	 printf("Please a second integer:\n");	 num2=GetInteger();	 int i=0;	 while(i<num1){		  num3+=num2;		  i++;	 }	 getchar ();	 return 0;	 }

Thanks

Everything works how it should? No more problems? If so great and good luck with the rest of the project.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you still may have!