xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

Referalls And You

This is just something that came to mind, it will do some things to the forum, and really help it grow. I think it is a good idea, but let me just tell you guys first.It'll be called Trap-Referalls. The point is for members to refer members to Xisto. For every referall the member will get a set amount of credits. Let's say 2 for 1 or something like that. Each member will have a referall link designed so when they refer a member, it will be credited for them. What then can happen is for you to be credited, that particular member must attain a set number of posts let's say 5 or something. What would be good, and help with cheating, is that referalls made under the same IP address will not be credited. What this will do is help more posts come through to Xisto, and allow members to have another way to help the forum out, and get some needed credits at them same time. There is a mod like this out for Mybb, but Im not sure if there is one for IPB. Maybe a custom mod could be made.So what do you guys think of this idea?

Interesting your the first person that actually thought about something to prevent the cheating to this idea, but again its not that hard to mask your IP (the great way). Although its been awhile since this was last discussed I can't remember if anything was mention about countering the cheating, since most of the methods that were posted someone who knows there way around the internet like me could find a way to beat the system. There is a referral mod that is available for IPB and it does is list the number of referrals a person gets and junk like that.

Well what is there anyway to prevent a member from using a proxy from registering, because that is where the biggest problem I think lingers. Since members could easy register with a proxy and then post via that username, but why would they do that. They could just post in their own account, and easily get the same credits or even more, so that is why I don't think cheating will be a big issue.

Can't we just award points for putting up our banners on people's sites?? Something like say 10 points per month for a horizontal banner. 12 per month for a vertical skyscraper and stuff.Those who would want to show their support for Xisto should get rewarded for it.We could have a competition on creating banners for Xisto too. The user can then choose which banner he wants on his site!!!

Can't we just award points for putting up our banners on people's sites?? Something like say 10 points per month for a horizontal banner. 12 per month for a vertical skyscraper and stuff.
Those who would want to show their support for Xisto should get rewarded for it.

We could have a competition on creating banners for Xisto too. The user can then choose which banner he wants on his site!!!

See what I don't like about that, is members could just put the banner up and never have to post in the forums again. It will not help the site out at all, with the referalls only referalls that are legit and end up posting will get credited, which will end up helping the site in return.