xisto Community
anish2000

Vista Rocks Windows Vista Rocks

I think Vista is fine. I like the looks of it. The visual is great in my opnion. I have Not had a problem with any drivers or hardware with my computer with vista. What I mean is my drivers work fine on it. I like the speed of it also. It don't run slow on my computer. The only thing I can really complain about with Vista is the programs I use alot...Only about 80% of them work on Vista which I hate..cause I would rather run Vista before xp. I know alot of people are saying they are limiting what websites or such you can view with taht DRM or whatever it is....sorry if that is not what it is called. Anyways...I have not had vista say I can't go anywhere...So overall I ahve to say I like Vista.

I think Vista is fine. I like the looks of it. The visual is great in my opnion. I have Not had a problem with any drivers or hardware with my computer with vista. What I mean is my drivers work fine on it. I like the speed of it also. It don't run slow on my computer. The only thing I can really complain about with Vista is the programs I use alot...Only about 80% of them work on Vista which I hate..cause I would rather run Vista before xp. I know alot of people are saying they are limiting what websites or such you can view with taht DRM or whatever it is....sorry if that is not what it is called. Anyways...I have not had vista say I can't go anywhere...So overall I ahve to say I like Vista.

I've experienced that games lag worse on Vista than XP. The FPS is lower.

anish2000......I would wanna understand wat your post is all about. Ok, Windows Vista rocks. But what really makes it rock? What are the features you find sooo rocking in Windows Vista? All these you would have to explain to us in here and not just telling us that Windows Vista rocks just like that.

And judging from your post count, I understand that you are still a newbie. You have to try to make very meaningful post man and not just short phrases. Your post should contain some meaning and sense of direction in it.

Agree with the more substance portion. So far what I've seen from Vista:

- TCP/IP performance parameters are auto-tuned on a per-connection basis, as opposed to on an interface basis as on XP. This is a great improvement specially for laptops that can change from a high speed reliable network to a crappy one and back. All those parameter that we used to tweak for one situation or another will be automatically adjusted.

More details here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

- The video editing portion is pretty good and user friendly. I've used Adobe Premiere Elements (the scaled down version of Adobe Premiere) to do some video editing on my own, and even though I've never been a windows fan, they've really done a good job at making basic tasks pretty much automatic, which makes windows movie maker a great competitor or adobe premiere elements.

I have Windows Vista and for me it's very cool, in my opinion Vista is better than XP, but it's completely true that u need a good PC to run it well, I've a Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM and Vista runs very,very,very good but when I tried Vista with 1GB of RAM it goes really slow.So, Vista is good for good machines, if you have an old PC it's better to remain with XP.I've Vista Home Premium and for me it's the best edition of Vista, Ultimate has some features that a home user don't need, and that only slowdown ur PC.Vista is, for me, the best OS, much better than Ubuntu (I have Ubuntu in my desktop and Vista in my laptop).HAVE A NICE DAY! :)

Windows Vista is a realy good system.. but not to everyone.. its hard to make changes at the security options and other things... and like every new system.. there is almost no drivers.For gamers is hard to choice.. cause if you whant to have good permormance u should use XP.. but them you dont get DX10.. anyway.. its all about time now.. in about 3 years vista will looks like a light system like XP was a heavy one before xD..

My opinions about windows vista is decent to good expression. Good parts of vista is widgets that uses for windows vista, downloading more widgets to optimize your sidebar! Some widgets are good to have/use and others unnecessary stupid. Visuals in vista has gotten better than windows xp (home/professional), and able to do more things on vista. I don;t know about protection for vista at the moment and not having any problems to begin with -- probably a big plus for me. The downfall of windows vista are annoying pop-up :) "Accept or Cancel" on/everything you do. Some programs are not capability for vista even with "Capability windows xp service 2". Wished Microsoft have taken more time into developing windows vista then probably would be a better os. I don't know if directx 10 is downfall or not, nothing special about directx 10 in the beginning. I have to say it's decent os -- not bad or worse.

Vista is, for me, the best OS, much better than Ubuntu (I have Ubuntu in my desktop and Vista in my laptop).

Give me some reasons why. And keep in mind that Ubuntu is not Windows, nor does it try to be Windows.

Visuals in vista has gotten better than windows xp (home/professional)

With simple mods you can have your XP look just like Vista.

and able to do more things on vista

Please share some of those things with us.

in about 3 years vista will looks like a light system like XP was a heavy one before xD..

All Vista really is is just basically XP with a newer appearance theme, DX10 (purposefully made only for Vista), and some useless memory-hungry crap to force you to upgrade. Hmm, if I think about it, it seems like all Windows releases are just like that. Better visuals, new "exclusive" DX version, and a bigger resource hog, and you got yourself a new Windows!

Windows Vista does rock but to a point. There are certain parts of vista that are not so hot though. Overall it is a very well operation system for all the new features and goodies but if you do not have the proper hardware forget it. Vista is a hardware hog especially when it comes to memory. For example I have a gig in my computer and XP uses 184mb ram doing nothing at the desktop but Vista on the other hand Vista uses about 625mb ram thats a big difference. Also you need to have a dual core in vista or you are looking at a machine that is slower than anything. So overall it is good for all the updates, looks, and everything but performance it is totally different.

In my opinion, I think Vista is a joke. Its just a shinier version of XP with rediculous sercurity. You have to confirm to do ANYTHING including features that come with Vista. For example, you have to confirm windows to turn on the firewall. Its not that big of a deal but i find it very annoying. Another thing that is rediculous is the price and all of the versions.
I'm gonna stick with XP until they come out with something bigger and better than just making it look better.

I second that Will.Allison! Unless you're not using
any other software and yours is the newest
Pentium running with great RAM, I don't
recommend using Vista either.

I believe that Vista is a complete failure if you compare it with XP, but if you start out on Vista, have a decent machine, and don't plan on doing much with it, it works.I've installed Vista Ultimate onto my machine, making a dual-boot with XP SP2. Mind you, XP works fluidly (minus the interaction with our crappy server here) on a Dell Dimension 2400 with a 2.2GHz Pentium 4, 1GB of RAM, and 128MB of VRAM on an integrated graphics accelerator on the Intel 82845G board. Vista, on the other hand, doesn't do too well.I was actually quite impressed with boot time and shutdown time, as I was expecting horrible results. It does those two things pretty good on a fresh install. :) Then I logged in and had to look around for a solution to getting my integrated graphics accelerator to display something larger than 800x600, which didn't take too long. (Of course, if Joe Schmoe had this problem to begin with, he would have given up right from the start.) After some downloading, fiddling, and restarting later, Vista was displaying at a nice 1200x1024 resolution. The sidebar was pretty, the icons were pretty, everything was pretty. Everything except the CPU load monitor that I had on.The CPU load was constantly "idling" at what I remember to be a 40% load. Why? I don't know... I forgot to check then. After installing Firefox, AIM, and then running the two (with Firefox having 8 tabs open), my CPU load jumped up to 60% and stayed there. Even when I was doing nothing, it stayed there. Goes to show that somehow, Vista is a resource hog. Checking the Task Manager, the Sidebar (with all the pretty gadgets and widgets) would sometimes spike with activity (although it wasn't doing anything), and some other programs (mostly Explorer) would share the constant load doing nothing. I was honestly confused.Right now, Windows XP on this same machine as I'm typing takes up 0-5% constant CPU load with occasional spikes up to 25%. Firefox is doing the spiking... for what, I don't know, but it only happens while I type. :D Don't even get me started on moving and copying files in Vista. The calculator for remaining time is decent... I give it that. The problem with this drag-and-drop task that we all love to do is that it takes 100% CPU load with NO potential on multitasking while you're moving or copying files. (Did Microsoft figure that everyone in the world would be moving up to multi-core systems and automatically geared Vista towards the use of multi-cores, as opposed to having a dynamic sort of operating system that would adapt to the system it was on?) Everything lags when you try to do more than one thing at a time, and it's ridiculous.Also, for all of you Vista lovers, try this: Open up the Task Manager and go to your Performance graphs. Then take a window... ANY window, and just move it around the desktop. On this machine (without Aero, mind you, since the option doesn't even come up if you don't have hardware or drivers - oh wait, are they supported by Vista? :D - that can support it), CPU load jumped up to 100% and the machine couldn't catch up to DRAW the window, resulting in some very laggy moving on-screen. Do I even need to say that XP, although still having a spike up to 90-100%, can actually keep a smooth moving experience?Ridiculous.Keep in mind that this is after installing SP1... and to think that I had higher hopes of Vista being a semi-viable alternative operating system...On the flipside, a couple of people I know report no problems with Vista. One of my friends usually runs World of Warcraft in a window, AOL, and some other things in the background on a Dell something laptop... all I remember right now is that it's a dual core Pentium and she doesn't complain too much. :D The system is wicked slow in shutting down though... and I haven't played with the laptop myself to see if she was just used to slow speeds or if it was actually running well on that particular machine.

i dont see how vista can rock, all i have seen vista do is piss me off. It freezes in just internet explorer, and its still incapatable with alot of stuff. I even installed something that was windows vista capable and it says thats its incompatable with with the current windows version. I think that vista was a big mistake. it hasen't helped us one bit just cause us pain and madness. cause of its unstable piece of crap windows. sorry i have had it with windows, i'm a true linux/mac person. i dont care what any windows user has to to say about them.