xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Hole In Microsoft Messenger Program Requires A Immediate Update For Users of MSN Messenger 6.2, 7.0 and 7.5 versions of MSN Messenger

SOURCE

Well it seems that Microsoft found a huge hole in MSN Messenger that was bad enough that they want people to upgrade to the current Messenger which is Live 8.1 or something like that. As for details on the problem they just said the following, "..which let hackers embed malicious code in Web chat invitations to users." and that they found this problem in "6.2, 7.0 and 7.5, as well as Windows Live Messenger 8.0." Although it was interesting to know that people were actually complaining about Live Messenger being a resource hog, well the last time I check msn was hover a little over 22,000+ KB, but compared to other programs I don't see it much as a resource at all. Of course I don't talk to everyone on my MSN all at once either so that could be why it isn't using more.

So for you users of the older MSN clients you can download the current stable version here or you can install the vista stule beta version here. Of course if you have the older clients you would be receiving pop up messages about it, so if you using msn and you odn't see that message then you good I guess.