xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
leoncreations

How To Create Your Own Mp3 Ringtone For Mobile Phone

Hi guys, many of my friends have been asking me how I managed to have a different ringtone for my mobile phone almost everyday, yet not paying for the ringtone services some companies are providing. My answer to them is simple, you create your own ringtone in the comfort of your own using your own PC. Here I will be providing a 3-step guide to create your own ringtone for your mobile phone so that you will be the center of attraction when your phone rings.

Get the mp3 you want either on the internet or ripped from a CD

Next, go download this free audio editor called Audacity

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally, edit the mp3 to your liking before you transfer to your mobile phone

There you have it, your very own customised mp3 for your mobile phone :P.

I would prefer Blaze Media Pro. Beware it is not free though.BMP allows you to save your tones in a veriety of formats which is not possible with Audacity.I remember my previous cell phone(Sagem MyX6) would support audio only of the format IMA ADPCM format of WAV.BMP was the only software that could help me out.Some of the features provided by Blaze Media Pro are:-Invert, reverse, amplify, fade in, fade out, normalise etc.The biggest advantage is that you can save your sound clip in any possible format.BMP also allows video edition and conversion to any format.You could also extract just the audio from any possible video file!!!!

I found this quite interesting but how did you get the music files off of your computer and onto your phone? I'm not into phones too much and besides making calls and texting I can't really too much.

Your phone has to have the capability to attach to the pc to transfer them, either through usb or bluetooth. older phones u can't do this with, has to be the more modern ones from say the past 3 or 4 years?. or something like thatcaz :)