xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
faund

Our City Take Part In "no Car Day" In September 22nd

September 22nd marks the first annual ?No Car Day? in China, My city take part in this campaign.We will leave residents to travel by foot, bike or public transportation in the Day. Private cars will be banned from driving through areas of downtown. All cars of government will stop one day.There are 140,000 cars in the city, and there are 150 new cars increase everyday. The large number of cars make a lots of problem such as exhaust emissions and traffic congestion.

Wow! I'm just amazed China internet lets you on this site! Will wonders never cease...From what little I know, Chinese cities are notoriously polluted (air) and the water too. I think maybe this car ban is a good idea for you. Me, well, not so much really. Too many miles to go to get anywhere here, and there really isn't any congestion or pollution to speak of. I think people should get out and walk or ride bikes more when they can though. Too often people drive their cars to the store to just get one thing, and do that same thing several times a day. Makes no sense. We (my wife and I) plan out trips to town and only go once a week if we can help it. Saves much money and wear and tear on the vehicles that way. We don't go into the "big city" but once a month or less if we can help it. Such a long trip...

September 22nd marks the first annual No Car Day in China, My city take part in this campaign.

He didn't actually say he was in China, just that his City takes part in it.
Doesnt it annoy a lot of people not being able to drive their cars? What happens if they do? Do they get in trouble? I think its good to have a day like this, when people dont pollute the air. Although one day wont help alot, but at least its something. I couldnt imagine a day like that here, there are too many cars. I do my part for the environment and walk to school everyday. :P

My city is in China. It's not a big city like ShangHai.City government have do a lot of things about this campaign, though some people will get in trouble, But I think it is a good thing that people in China have realised we should do something about environment.Not like many people thinking in the city, I live in a countryside residence not in downtown, My live get high relationship with car.I send my son to his kindergarten every morning by driving my car about 30 minutes. Not to choose kindergarten nearby because good kindergarten are all in downtown. After sent my son, I go to my office by feet, it's about 5 minutes walking.People love live in downtown because most good resources of life such as supermart, school, hospital are all in downtown. Even the dirty air, congestion, and some other problems in downtown.Although my life high depend on car, I will get my car parked in residence and go out by public traffic.By the way, why be so surprised to see a Chinese on this site?

Edited by faund (see edit history)

By the way, why be so surprised to see a Chinese on this site?
I think China blocks these sites. Im not sure though, perhaps someone else can answer your question.

Its good to see someone doing something to help with the environment. This day will also raise awareness of the issue of pollution in cities. The streets and public transport must get packed with people.

I think China blocks these sites.

I think what sites will be blocked must is in Chinese language.

If you park your car beside the streets, you will get a ticket from police which you will pay 200 Yuan. But there is a lot of parking space beside the road and streets which you will pay it by Parking Meter Mechanism。 All parking space will be free on "No Car Day". I think that's a good idea.

Infact I think the residence area will be full of cars that day.
Edited by faund (see edit history)

Interesting to see the Country does that, but a strong suggestion nonetheless. Especially with the buses and trains still running, with the former still consuming fuel for obvious operational reasons. At least the newer buses down here is powered on Compressed Natural Gas, I dont know whether if China has CNG or some sort of clean environmental alternative powering the buses.

I never heard a CNG bus here. But there is much TAXIes has CNG powered, TAXIes choose on their own willingness. Many TAXI choose change their power to CNG because the cost will get down.I have heard some buses in BeiJing (Washington of China) is powered with both gas and electricity like PRIUS which Toyota made.I think the cost of clean power is too expensive to use wildly now a day of China.

Interesting that taxis over there are CNG powered. Unfortunately the majority of the cars down under run on unleaded fuel or premium unleaded fuel. Some may use LPG, but thats about all. Although it is a slight improvement in the mid to late 90s where some cars were still running on the old 'Super' based fuel, even a minority was on diesel at the time. Fortunately though the only diesel vehicles are trucks, Heavy Rigid, and most early model and long distance buses.