xisto Community
leoncreations

Differences Between Trap17 & Qupis

I juz got my Xisto starter account when I found out about the alternative called qupis which seems to provide the same features but only restricted with ONE LINE TEXT AD at bottom of page. I hope someone can clarify this and if this is the case, then it will be just active participation in the forum VS 1 line of text ad. So what are the real differences and advantages for users of Xisto over those using the ad supported Qupis?

Well the difference between Xisto and qupis is that you have less space and bandwidth on qupis, your restricted to how large of a file that can be uploaded, qupis does have some of the same services as trap but trimmed down just a pit. I would point you to the qupis homepage but its down right now so I can't remember whats all in there :P.

As for the advantages trap has over qupis, well pretty much everything basically, more space, more bandwidth, not restricted to file uploads and etc etc. Now when your comparing having an on your site to posting, I would take posting any day then having forced ad's on my site, but if you don't have the time to post then go with qupis or get a paid hosting account on Xisto - Web Hosting.com.

qupis uses xpanel which is good, but doesn't offer the same set of features which cpanel on the trap does.qupis includes a small ad line on the bottom of your pages, which trap does notqupis does not require postingXisto users are more likely to be here on the Forum, so they benefit from the Knowledge Base here, more than the qupis usersXisto users ROCK!

Interestingly enough, the qupis site is currently down, and is instead showing a page saying:

Great Success !Apache is working on your cPanelŽ and WHM Server

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

etc...

So apparently they have been listening to someone, if they have installed cpanel...
Still have ads though, so would never use them!