xisto Community
demonatashadow

Opera Mobile A new phone internet browser.

O.K. I found this software called opera mobile. I downloaded the trial version onto my phone and started using it. (I was using internet explorer on my phone). It seemed ok but it went way slower than internet explorer. And I started wondering why they even charge money for something thats worse than a free software. So I started thinking maybe I set it up wrong. Has anyone else used it?btw, here is a quote about the software:"Opera Mobile is a Web browser from Opera Software designed for personal digital assistants (PDAs) and smartphones based on the Windows Mobile and S60 platforms. It can come pre-installed on such devices or purchased by the end-user. Series 90 platform phone from Nokia such as the 7710 has Opera browser pre-installed. It also comes pre installed on some non Windows Mobile or Nokia handsets, like the Motorola V9 RAZR on ATT.Opera Mobile can dynamically reformat Web pages for narrow tall screens, using Opera's Small Screen Rendering (SSR) technology. The technology itself is proprietary, but Web page authors can affect how their content is handled by SSR with Cascading Style Sheets.Opera has announced the next version of its software, Opera Mobile 9, will support Ajax, widgets and offer a more intelligent zoom feature.A more limited version of the same technology is available for free in the Opera Mini line."

Yeah as you said this is an amazing application. But this application is not a new application as you think. It is a bit old and famous application which is releaased a beta version of its version 4.0 browser. It is the best web browser for mobile phones.

Opera mobile is a great product. I have gone through many different browsers for my phone. I have a sprint fusic phone and it is tough to get the internet running but with opera i am able to run the internet smoothly. I don't know how well it would work with a pda but i bet it will be great if not better than my phone and ease of accessibility.

I don't know what you mean by it costs something, but I know I use it and it works great. I haven't used Internet Explorer on my phone (I'll never use anything MS on my phone! =O) so I can't really make any judgements on the browser's speed. It's small and nice to handle.

I don't know what you mean by it costs something, but I know I use it and it works great. I haven't used Internet Explorer on my phone (I'll never use anything MS on my phone! =O) so I can't really make any judgements on the browser's speed. It's small and nice to handle.

wow, use Internet Explorer with your phone?
Do you use Windows Mobile?
Cause in my phone no IE. ITs just standard browser and opera symbian., :P

O.K. I found this software called opera mobile. I downloaded the trial version onto my phone and started using it. (I was using internet explorer on my phone). It seemed ok but it went way slower than internet explorer. And I started wondering why they even charge money for something thats worse than a free software. So I started thinking maybe I set it up wrong. Has anyone else used it?
btw, here is a quote about the software:

"Opera Mobile is a Web browser from Opera Software designed for personal digital assistants (PDAs) and smartphones based on the Windows Mobile and S60 platforms. It can come pre-installed on such devices or purchased by the end-user. Series 90 platform phone from Nokia such as the 7710 has Opera browser pre-installed. It also comes pre installed on some non Windows Mobile or Nokia handsets, like the Motorola V9 RAZR on ATT.

Opera Mobile can dynamically reformat Web pages for narrow tall screens, using Opera's Small Screen Rendering (SSR) technology. The technology itself is proprietary, but Web page authors can affect how their content is handled by SSR with Cascading Style Sheets.

Opera has announced the next version of its software, Opera Mobile 9, will support Ajax, widgets and offer a more intelligent zoom feature.

A more limited version of the same technology is available for free in the Opera Mini line."

I used it on my phone running under Symbian OS (Nokia Series 60S) and it is working fine , and free . It is better than the standard symbian browser because it displays an entire web page written in HTML with no modifications (we should say a little bit modified to be adapted with the screen) .

May be your Opera is not going well because you are using a "Windows Mobile " Operating system , Well i don't and i won't ; I will never use a Microsoft product , even on my phone.

Notice : Opera is free ! recheck it on the official webpage ... And reinstall it , may be it we'll repare the problem

i think opera mobile is not free for common phone..cause if i downloaded it from opera.com it show trial date., usually 14 days..and we must buy the software to unlock it.btw2 some nokia phone, opera is already included in the phone, and that's free..same with M600i P990 SonyEricsson, its free for several phone

Opera is a great browser, i have ever experienced. It has a great quality and speed. I have so many browsers on my phones but i use opera mostly.But its newer version is little difficult to run on my phone. It is slow and sometimes it hangs. Dont know why. Other browsers are working properly.

PDA version of Opera is not free but Java (J2ME, jar) version of Opera is free.In my Siemens CX65, I am using the free java version 3.10. And its performance is better than the default browser. In Opera Mini there is a customization to not download pictures but there is no such a setting in the default browser. I prefer to use the free java Opera Mini version.

Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)