xisto Community
joshua132

Xbox Modding

It depends if you dont want to open your xbox use software but you will need the softmod ( hacked gamesave ) and the corrosponding game.If you dont mind opening your xbox use hardware its better than a softmod. You can change the harddrive for a bigger one , make it into a media centre with game playing compatiablity ectOne bad thing - there is a new way to dectect modding on xbox live therefore you cant stop xbox banning with your softmod or even your hardware mod when turned off.I do not support PIRACY in any way and people who do is breaking the law , I do not do PIRACY. You should buy the actual game not a pirate.Why do you want to mod? just curious

I am just interested in modding, it is doubtful that I will. I have heard that you can do things like surf the web, save games to the harddrive, and watch DVDs without the $30 adapter among other things. I don't use XBOX live and don't plan on it so I don't care about that. Most other benefits to modding I can do on my computer (except saving games to my harddrive). Just curiosity.

is it true that X-Box live costs alot of money to use? and you need some hardware to get started first? just curious. about the modding: some friends put a bigger hard drive in, but i think that's all they did with their X-Box.... too bad these things are pretty expensive, and same for the X-Box itself, i can't afford it right now, pretty sad isn't it ;) need to save up some money lol

You need these foer xbox live some of the prices for the u.s are estimted since im in the ukxbox ?99 / $150xbox live starter kit ?39.99 / $40.00internet broadband connection ?19.00 / $35 monthlylive enabled game ? ANY / $ ANYmajor credit card Visa Mastercard ( not optional)this is all you need for xblive ( correct me if im wrong ) ;)

You need these foer xbox live

some of the prices for the u.s are estimted since im in the uk

xbox Ł99 / $150

xbox live starter kit Ł39.99 / $40.00

internet broadband connection Ł19.00 / $35 monthly

live enabled game Ł ANY / $ ANY

major credit card Visa Mastercard ( not optional)

this is all you need for xblive ( correct me if im wrong ) ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes you are correct, however it is also $40 a year for xbox live

WELL worth it if you ask me.

Games usually cost $50, as low as $20

hey when u get the little xbox live trials with select games...... do u still need a credit card? cause thats ridiculous

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think so, I don't know.

__

As for modding my xbox, I may in the future. Or I may wait for the xbox2 and mod that. People have done really cool things with modded xboxes, like find extra superweapons (other than the scarab gun) in Halo2. I'm not sure how acurate the reports are, but still--it's pretty cool.

hey when u get the little xbox live trials with select games...... do u still need a credit card? cause thats ridiculous

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do need a credit card so they can bill you after your trial is up... just make sure you discontinue your account so they don't charge you. I thought they might just disconnect me automatically, but that isn't the case... ended up paying 50 for a year as opposed to 40... still that's only 4 bucks a month.

You need these foer xbox live

some of the prices for the u.s are estimted since im in the uk

xbox Ł99 / $150

xbox live starter kit Ł39.99 / $40.00

internet broadband connection Ł19.00 / $35 monthly

live enabled game Ł ANY / $ ANY

major credit card Visa Mastercard ( not optional)

this is all you need for xblive ( correct me if im wrong ) :P

37268[/snapback]

You need an extra ethernet cable too. :P

Well i want to buy a mod chip for my xbox but they are not cheep lol as me having a moded xbox when i got mine they did not have moded xboxes lol i would of got one if i new about it but u no am kinda happy wit mine. if u get a mod chip u need to buy a new fan for your xbox and or turn up your fan