xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
benzkids

Stupid Ikea Instructions

Well at least after you figured it out it actually became decent. I bought a cabinate from IKEA to put my TV on, and the first time I put it together, the only thing that was premade which was the rails for each drawer were sideways. So NONE of the drawers would close all the way because they were at least 20 degrees sideways and the corners would hit the frame... I was quite angry that I spent so much time putting it together and in the end I just had to take it apart and bring it back and they gave me a new one, where one of the peices of wood had a huge crack in it and after putting it together, it broke in 2 and the whole thing fell apart, so I went back a third time, this time fuming, and demanded that they put it together there for me. So they got a new one and put it together and one of the drawers were too big to fit in, so they borrowed a drawer from another one of the set and finaly got it together for me. Jeeezzz I will never shop at IKEA again...

I find this pretty odd... It seems to me that IKEA abroad is just some garbage, whereas here, in Europe, it has a name for itself... Dunno... I personally have two moods when I'm shopping for stuff... One is that I'm all for DIY, play around with the parts, and tools... I even made several CD shelves and cabinets for myself, using some scrap wooden panels I found lying in my yard :PAnd then, there's that lazy-i-want-it-all-done mood, where I don't want to have even 3 minutes assembly time, I want it working the instant I unpack it... I sometims look at IKEA catalogues, and dream for the day they open up a store here in Serbia, so I can go in, and buy a ton of stuff... And btw, they don't seem very cheap to me, it costs quite enough... Or at least, that's the case with european IKEA...