xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Too Many Page Requests=temp Ip Ban? [resolved]

Whenever anybody on my website makes too many page requests, or hangs out in the javascript chat too long (my js chat uses ajax to dynamically load data from a php page) the server stops sending data to that IP, but only that IP because when it happens to me or one of my friends other networks are still able to access it. Is this some kind of feature on the server to help preserve bandwidth, because its really annoying. Is there a way to turn it off or at least let it have a little more tolerance because whenever I'm on my own website I'm too scared to click on too much stuff in fear I might without warning have to suddenly look at a "could not connect to server" error message.

Please make sure that the JS is configured properly. I once had an issue with a client with AJAX-JS. It however managed to hang up other pages in browser tabs which used AJAX.Please let me know your Ticket Number to look closely into your issue.

I think the only problem with the ajax chat is that it makes requests too frequently. As I mentioned in my previous post, its not just the ajax chat that makes the server stop responding to your IP, its frequent requests. If i click on links or refresh the current page more than about 5 times in a time span of about 30 seconds it seems to all of a sudden stop responding to that IP.This is fairly recent too. I don't remember my website doing anything like this before.