xisto Community
Misanthrope

Instruction Location

This question goes out to everyone, including mods and members:

Where are instructions specific to "Keyword Relevancy?" I've gone through Trap 17 Readme and can't find them, but maybe I'm just missing something (it's been known to happen). Perhaps someone else has spotted guidelines and can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance! :P

I've scoured the heavens and the earth then I searched here everywhere I could think, and I've found no such thing. Maybe a Mod or Admin would know...

Oh My! Two weeks and 127 hits later there remains no public acknowledgment of this topic from staff. The silence is so loud it's deafening, or perhaps I just need ear plugs. Apparently Keyword Relevancy isn't the "extreme high priority" I perceived it to be, or I imagine it's details would have been made common knowledge by now (just a wild guess). And since I can't seem to locate instructions specific to Keyword Relevancy, I'll simply use the Trap 17 Forum Rules and Guidelines which are publicly posted for all members as my reference. Funny - I thought I was already doing that. No matter, they'll be no double standard on the Misanthrope's watch. Sorry for the confusion, folks.

I found the following while trawling through all the rules and regulations:

The topic title should be like a news headline--it should describe your main point or summary of your post with limited words. The topic description further enhances your topic title.

And also:

The subject line of a thread should be descriptive, not something like "help plz." If a certain subject has already been discussed, making a new thread about it is discouraged. Please browse or search the forums before posting a thread.

I think the news headline point is the closest you are going to get. Its pretty much the same thing. If you make the title like a snappy news headline then you will summarise what's in the post and give a brief overview of what its about. I have also had a look through your topic in the Suggestions and have noticed that has no replies (I am not sure why though...). I can only apologise for the lack of replies from the staff, and I suggest you send a PM to Buffalo_HELP or Opaque to see if they are willing to change the rules to incorporate what you have been told.

The topic title should be like a news headline--it should describe your main point or summary of your post with limited words.

Yeah, I noted this and related entries as well ? hence my confusion. To make my point, the official instructions focus on summarizing topics with limited words while Keyword Relevancy is all about incorporating as many words as possible to trigger interest from non-members surfing the web. These strike me as conflicting guidelines, and due to this disparity I?ve been hesitant to start new topics until clear expectations regarding Keyword Relevancy are laid out for everyone. If anyone has thoughts on how to reconcile these two apparently opposing dictates, feel free to chime in.

If you make the title like a snappy news headline then you will summarise what's in the post and give a brief overview of what its about.

That?s excellent advice that?s worked very well for me in the past, but now I?m told Keyword Relevancy is the highest priority. I was previously unsure if members should be following the official guidelines we?ve been following all along or the ones recently conveyed. But since the response regarding Keyword Relevancy has been minimal to nonexistence, it?s obvious we should be following the official rules.

I suggest you send a PM to Buffalo_HELP or Opaque

I actually made this suggestion via PM a while ago, but sharing the concern with all staff and members may prove more productive. Perhaps moderator staff can discuss options of incorporating Keyword Relevancy in official guidelines to save admin the headache of more work.

In the interim, it?s probably impractical to expect members to follow anything other than the official rules. That said, the Misanthrope shall cast aside concerns of Keyword Relevancy until their policies are set forth for ALL to see ??..