xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chewy123

Chrono Trigger

Holy. Crap.I didn't think anybody still even thought about this game, really.For the SNES, this was one of a handful of games that deserve a glance-back and a replay just for old times sake.I actually just bought the soundtrack to the game just recently and discovered orchestral and symphonic compositions by people who were mesmerized by the beauty of the game's in-game music. So there's a definite 10 out of 10 if it can inspire a community of fans to go out and create actual pieces.There's not much that I can really say about this game without seeming fanboy-ish. But Chrono Trigger is definitely up there with the games that every Super Nintendo owner has to have in their gaming library. :P

I also liked Chrono cross. It wasn't nearly as good as trigger but its battle system was by far the most unique thing ever. And the story while a bit confusing at times was almost as good as triggers. The new game + option where you could fast forward was innovative az well.

As much as I loved Chrono Trigger I haven't actually tried Chrono Cross.Maybe if I get into an emulator kick again, I'll give it a whirl.But after I play Chrono Trigger again. :P

1/10.... who could dare to rate such an awesome game like that? I remember not liking rpgs a long time ago, and I even played Final Fantasy 7 first, but when I played chrono trigger everything changed. I was absorbed by the games story that I ended up playing it for hours and got all the endings and recorded them on zsnes. It was an awesome game, I would definitely give it a 10/10, it introduced me to rpgs. If it wasnt for that game I would still think that they are slow and boring, but most really arent. They are time absorbing though...

Chrono Trigger one of the best games created ever xD, the game had such a refined battle system. I would give this game at least a 8/10... c'mon the story was original not like the constant imitators.

Has anyone played Chrono Trigger and what would you rate it 1/10?

My first RPG ever seen was Chrono Trigger, but that's not the first RPG ever played.
I remembered at that time I've never heard anything about RPG before, so I asked if
Chrono Trigger is some kind of a storybook in a game or something.

After my first RPG (Legend of Legaia), I heard about Chrono Trigger and at that time I
played it on my computer with ePSXe Emulator. My first impression that was not a great
game at all (compared to Legend of Legaia... too much gap in graphics differences).

However, after I finished Chrono Trigger some of the ending sequences,
I'll give that 8/10 for story complexity! Not your everyday game or even RPG to
have so many ending sequences and be able to finish the game even your main
character is dead.

So, even it was a very long-time-ago-game, but I always recommend Chrono Trigger
to play, that's one of the great game of the past, along with Chrono Cross.